Thread: Browning Maral 30-06

Browning Maral 30-06

After humming, and harring, I've decided to sell my Browning Maral in 3-06, as I'm now using a Merkel Helix. The Maral shoulders really well, and it's a great rifle for stalking, and fantastic for driven boar.

It's in excellent condition, under 100 rounds shot, and the wood is well above average, but I can't remember the grade it was given. It's fitted with a picatinny rail, and also comes with an extra 10 round driven magazine, & hard carry case. I'll also include around 30 rounds of 170g Geco soft point, that it shoots very well. The scope is not included in the sale.

I'd like 1350.00, collected from the Watford area, or I'll find out about shipping to an RFD if required.

Any questions, PM, or call me on 07802-306444

Mark.

With 10 Round Magazine.

With 5 Round Magazine (Scope not for sale)

Fitted into Peli case with Chapuis (not for sale) but shows how good the Maral wood is.

What a lovely looking gun! Good luck with the sale.

These handle so well, really pointable, perfect for driven hunting they're just like mounting a shotgun. Best of luck.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    These handle so well, really pointable, perfect for driven hunting they're just like mounting a shotgun. Best of luck.

That's exactly how I'd describe it shoulders like a shotgun, and the open sights just line up, although I generally use a low power scope. I'm not a fan of sticks, I tend to be all fingers, and thumbs, so if I'm stalking, I love to use the Maral, nice, and light, quick to shoulder, and shoot free hand.

Seeing as I was nice....Can I have your chapuis please!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Seeing as I was nice....Can I have your chapuis please!

NO !

pm sent
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

Sold, subject to payment.

Hi Mark, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your post, good luck with the sale.
    If there is any further interest in a rifle of similar quality with two spare ten shot magazines as well as the standard four shot magazine and screw cut 14 x 1, I will be selling mine in a month or so for a similar price.
    I'm going back down the Blaser route.
    Incidentally, these rifles have such good fixed sights they are almost as good without a scope as with, for driven game.
    Last edited by EMcC; 17-11-2016 at 20:16.

As soon as Marks is sold I will start another thread with all the details of mine, it will be almost identical to Mark's but with a padded canvas case extra covering the Maral hard case and extra mags.