Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which custom rifle for that big birthday would be your choice ?

Which custom rifle for that big birthday would be your choice ?

Ok, I have a big birthday next year and was planning on that custom rifle in 308 win and then a special hunt to go with it, I have been looking around and have narrowed it down to three in the U.K..

Precision rifle services - Ultimate
    Lawrence precision - Titanium, as I current use their moderators which are class...
    Brock & Norris - Ratel

Do any of the members have any feedback on the above, experience with any of the above, as I have never gone custom before...any suggestions guidance would be very much appreciated.

http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com...6871&saletype=

But then I am old fashioned. It isn't a very likely acquisition though.

David.

Now that's a rifle, but she may tell me to foxtrot oscar.....

Quote Originally Posted by OISÍN View Post
    Ok, I have a big birthday next year and was planning on that custom rifle in 308 win and then a special hunt to go with it, I have been looking around and have narrowed it down to three in the U.K..

Precision rifle services - Ultimate
    Lawrence precision - Titanium, as I current use their moderators which are class...
    Brock & Norris - Ratel

Do any of the members have any feedback on the above, experience with any of the above, as I have never gone custom before...any suggestions guidance would be very much appreciated.
    are these not just off the peg suggestions for custom rifles rather than true custom rifles. Why not select the stock, barrel and action yourself and get exactly what you want. Saying that you have chosen three mighty fine options but I think the only way to choose between them is to handle them yourself

Have a word with Steve Bowers if you want true custom
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

If it was me I would get the TT Proctor that's for sale one here and spend the rest on trips
    regards B

That Proctor does look pretty doesn't it?

David.

+1 for Steve Bowers

Callum at prs built my 7mm 08 to my spec. I've known him for around 20 years, and his work is better than first class. So he would get my vote.....

SD Regular
    Or, in 7x64, and with its leather transport case you could buy this at Holt's...with an estimate of £2,500 to £3,000...

Attachment 76367

Lot 1133 of the December 2016 Main Sale...

B. LAUBSCHER
    A 7X64mm BOLT-MAGAZINE SPORTING RIFLE, serial no. 75719,
    22 3/4in. nitro barrel engraved 'B. LAUBSCHER & ASSOC. CAPE TOWN', block-mounted open sights with folding leaf sight, gold-inlaid sight lines and marked for 100 and 200 yards, ramp-mounted bead fore-sight with folding protector, the receiver (with thumb cutout) side mounted with a quickly-detachable telescopic sight rail, the rings engraved with the calibre designation and serial number, matt top receiver ring, hinged floorplate engraved '4 CARTRIDGES' with push button release, highly-figured pistolgrip stock with cheekpiece, steel pistolgrip-cap, sling swivels, 14 1/2in. pull including 7/8in. rubber recoil pad, in its full length leather case with some accessories
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 15-11-2016 at 23:22.