Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Fogle living in the

Ben Fogle living in the

Did anyone see the TV program on ch5 tonight Ben fogle visited a couple who run a tourist holiday
    spot in the woods in British Columbia. Lots of inconsistencies in the program but the main thing that annoys is that the couple moved there as resident aliens and now want to get bear hunting banned because it interferes with their " bear watching business ".

I did and and can understand their point of view to be fair (they're entitled to think what they like) but what angered me was on seeing the hunter's trailer Fogle said 'It makes me want to run down there and slash their tyres'. Well that seemed a reasonable, adult and proportionate response then.

Obviously there weren't any representatives from either the hunters or the bears available for comment
    Last edited by Chris J; 16-11-2016 at 09:57.

I tried to watch a recent 'Great Migration' episode but I found the vocalising of his complete horror regarding anything being killed got in the way of my enjoyment of the programme & I switched off.

SD Regular
    This is what the great mass of TV viewers see and subconsciously align themselves with - hence my absolute dislike of Packham.

Would that be whilst they're sitting eating their lamb chops in front of the telly?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    I did and and can understand their point of view to be fair (they're entitled to think what they like) but what angered me was on seeing the hunter's trailer Fogle said 'It makes me want to run down there and slash their tyres'. Well that seemed a reasonable, adult and proportionate response then.

Obviously there weren't any representatives from either the hunters or the bears available for comment
    Never saw it but from what you're saying
    When Ben sees a lawful activity taking place that he doesn't agree with it makes him want to commit an act of malicious wilful vandalism! !
    Nice chap then.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

I think that people just feel the need to protest. They don't know why, but they just can't help themselves. It's perhaps a way of moving attention away from themselves. People do it all the time. My mother in law will condemn stuff that she's no knowledge of at all. Rather than say 'Well each to their own' she'll just say 'disgusting' or 'shocking'. Ben indicated that slashing the tyres could be a course of action and to his credit the bear watcher chap Julius, more or less said, well you're on your own there fella. That's your call.

My mother in law doesn't like that fact that I stalk, but oddly accepts as much venison liver as I can supply her with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    Would that be whilst they're sitting eating their lamb chops in front of the telly?
    Those lamb chops are not the same - they are city lamb chops and they come from Happy Valley where lamb chops wrapped in cellophane and a Tesco label on them roam happily through the long grass - don't they? .

More wishy washy crap was looking forward to it but won't bother now.

It probably doesn't help that i can't stand Fogle, but it made my blood boil when he questioned whether he should slash the tires.
    But the English guy, lining his own pockets, and demanding they ban bear hunting, i wonder what the hunters think of him?
    Maybe they should have questioned why the government extended the hunting season?
    He also quoted a figure of C$2m per annum to the government from hunters, a quick search on Google and hunters contributed in excess of C$48m in 2003!
    Cheers
    Richard