Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .308 Mauser M12 twist rate

.308 Mauser M12 twist rate

As above, can anyone inform me of the M12 extreme twist rate? I can't find it on their website.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cawdor118 View Post
    As above, can anyone inform me of the M12 extreme twist rate? I can't find it on their website.

Cheers
    Easy enough to measure with a cleaning rod and a tight patch.

I never thought about that lads... Worst comes to worst that's exactly what I'll do!

there must be something written though...?

pete moore on gunmart review ,mentions 1 in 12,
    DONT START

no idea on mine but I do know it sends 170 gr projectiles better than I can shoot
    very pleased with mine had it over a yr now and no problems only shot that weight bullet with it as it was accurate straight out the box with them .
    Norma

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    no idea on mine but I do know it sends 170 gr projectiles better than I can shoot
    very pleased with mine had it over a yr now and no problems only shot that weight bullet with it as it was accurate straight out the box with them .
    Norma

What rounds are you using? I have generally stuck to 150grain (tried RWS, Norma, Federal, Winchester) but I honestly feel I can outshoot the rounds... I have toyed with going to 165... But I wouldn't mind trying the same rounds as you if you can enlighten me? Cheers

geco 170gr soft points gotta say reliable load
    norma

If you honestly feel that the factory offerings you've tried don't shoot to the capability of the rifle, go for the handloading option.
    For stalking, don't get hung up on teeny tiny groups, an inch and a half is more than accurate enough for woodland stalking, but I wouldn't want a load that shot any more than an inch if I were shooting at any kind of distance. Handloads in my .308 Sauer will go between 12 and 20mm, provided I get my bench technique right.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Get yourself some 308 reloading dies, bullets and powder and pay me a visit!! Save your fired cases.