Strasser RS05

The Colonel

Ive been looking at a straight pull for some time now and the usual "get yourself a Blaser" just doesn't work for me. As a result I started to look at the Merkel and came to the conclusion that, for the spec I wanted I would be looking in excess of £4K (At this point I can hear the wife calling a solicitor)
I trawled through the forums and one rifle kept coming up so I decided to have a look. The Strasser RS05. Great looking rifle with all the boxes ticked, fantastic action, great wood and considerably cheaper than the Merkel.................... you would think
Now look at the price of anything to do with the RS05 and think again. The Sling at over £135, The Carry case in excess of £200 and a spare 6 shot mag at over £250 !!! this doesn't get close to the scope mount at over £300 so be wary when you think this lovely little rifle is just the thing for you and check you can extend the overdraft to cover everything else or sell the kids !!
To add insult to injury there is no real stock of anything in the UK so you will be left wondering why everything needs to be ordered and shipped at a cost of £30 per time

Note to Strasser - If you want to get any sort of market hold in the UK (Straight Pull so difficult to start with) put together the package as a whole with the prices in plain view then take a leaf out of others and throw in a nice case when you expect over £2k for a rifle instead of what your current offer consists of which is a cardboard box !

Its like going back to the old days when you purchased a Mercedes and EVERYTHING was an optional extra

Rant over !

Looked at the Maral but two buddies bought the 2 that were advertised on here. Great looking and got hands on one last week. The thing that does it for me with the strasser is the barrel options and how easy it is to swap them out plus, IMHO they look great

Looked at the Maral but two buddies bought the 2 that were advertised on here. Great looking and got hands on one last week. The thing that does it for me with the strasser is the barrel options and how easy it is to swap them out plus, IMHO they look great

I guess one of those Maral's would have been mine. Great rifles, but I do like the flexibility of the Helix, and having extra barrel options. It's worth looking around for pricing, there are deals to be had, and cheaper than you can import, by the time you pay for shipping, etc'.

The Strasser doesn't have volume of blaser R8 so expect a higher price. They are well made. If you can't afford it and want it start saving.

Hi i went to the austrian hunting show two years ago and had a good look at the strasser I also wanted something different I had a good chat with Mathias strasser this year at the show I'm now the proud owner of a RS14 thar in .308 20 inch fluted barrel I also shoots blaser R93 thumbhole in .25-06 my son shoots an R8 we both agree the strasser makes the blaser look a bit agricultural
Regards
Dave

Back