Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Save our Bass campaign

Save our Bass campaign

I know that everyone is fed up with frivolous petitions at the moment, but please consider supporting this one.

The EU has proposed a ban on net fishing for bass in the Northern bass fishery in 2017 restricting bass fishing to recreational and commercial hook and line fishing only. This is seen a vital for the recovery of depleted bass stocks. The petition calls for the UK to support the ban and not to water down the proposals.

Link to petition. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/172441

Save our bass campaign info (including draft letters for you to send to the UK fisheries minister, your MP and the EU Fisheries Commissioner if so inclined). http://www.saveourseabass.org/en/send-email/

Angling Trust briefing on the bass fishery issues and conservation http://www.anglingtrust.net/core/cor...ad.asp?id=7945

PLEASE HELP - THIS IS OUR BEST OPPORTUNITY FOR GENERATIONS

The sooner we leave the EU so that our navy can torpedo the Spaniards and the French fishing our waters and we can manage our own fishery the better.

There's a petition I would sign.

Quess that depends on the petition!

Signed

Maybe they should address how Quota is issued.

Obviously quota is how we preserve our fish stocks, but... If I catch my quota early I can buy more! Because what the governement do is invest this money into "fish seeds" which they plant on the sea bed and that's how baby fishes are born.

If the government are lucky some rich business man or club someone like Chelsea football club or Man United will buy up millions of punds worth of quota and trade it like a commodity selling it to the lucky fishermen. Obviously the more money they make the more "fish seeds" the government can plant.

Done with pleasure.
    Now about our depleted cod stocks, maybe a total ban for all methods for say 10 years ?
    I can just about remember the glorious days of the mid to late 70's when any beach trip was likely to produce at leat a couple of ten pounders.
    All that has changed since then is commercial fishing pressure.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I can just about remember the glorious days of the mid to late 70's when any beach trip was likely to produce at leat a couple of ten pounders.
    Sounds incredible. Bass or Cod?
    Last edited by JTO; 19-11-2016 at 15:22.

Always a few double figure cod caught up this way over a winter

Paul

SD Regular
    Signed.