Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ritish children are among the least active in the world, and fitness levels are plumm

ritish children are among the least active in the world, and fitness levels are plumm

Daily Telegraph headline.
    This is no surprise. As a child in the 1950s my playground was around a 5 mile radius from my home, now that paedophiles are hiding behind every lamppost most kids never leave their own gardens.
    I see alot of fatties down in the Dover area.
    Bu@@er cannot edit the thread.

5 mile area god you led a sheltered childhood

greenshoots

SD Regular
    I see alot of fatties down in the Dover area.
    Too many pasties, cream teas and Haribo.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 21-11-2016 at 10:55.

The Kiddy fiddlers were around long before the 50's, but we were warned not to talk to strangers. As is said a 5 mile radius was about right for us too, out about 7.30am back at 6 pm was the order of the day, week ends and holidays. Stocked up with "Cattys" and ball bearings it would have been God help anyone who interfered with us snotty nosed,skinny little gang of eight year old lads and lasses. Hunting anything that moved we would walk 4miles of river and back again and the girls were as good as us with slings rather than "Cattys", Good food but not a lot of it was the usual, (Rabbit twice a week) as rationing was on, very few sweets and sugar was a luxury, no wonder we were skinny and tough. What a difference IT and junk food have made.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

Good I bloody hate the little *******s them more of them that stay indoors and not in public the better imo. Obviously I jest somewhat but I do find the youth of today really fcking dull. I am only 33 and when I look back at what I was doing 10/16 it seemed way more fun and dangerous compared to these spoon fed brats. Nanny state and lack or infrastructure for kids has ruined it. Not too mention attitudes. I saw some 13 year old kid giving his mum lip on Saturday and thought if I had said that 20 years ago I would have copped a slap around the chops. I mean he wasn't just rude because it was his mum he was talking to he was just rude period.

No internet, electronic games or mobile phones when I was a kid. We spent all day on our bikes, roller skates or playing British Bulldog, piggyback fights, etc during lunch and playtimes at school. I don't remember any of my friends being overweight or unfit then. These days though, you can walk through Tesco and see fat toddlers being carried around by fat parents. I'm of the view that a sugar tax wouldn't be the worst thing . . . . . .
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

There atre many overweight here in Mexico as C/Cola is chugged warm in 2 litre bottles by many. The government have brought in a sugar tax so the cans and bottles now are smaller in size, if it will help??????

They dont believe some of the horror stories ,chopping ice off the downspout,running a mile between two canal bridges to catch a bus to work at five in the morning because they didnt run our way,picking coal before tea, emptying the ashes in a morning to put on the ice,we where well off i had two coats on my bed!!aagghhh! those where the days,,,,no bloody wonder i,m full of arthritis!!!!
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    They dont believe some of the horror stories ,chopping ice off the downspout,running a mile between two canal bridges to catch a bus to work at five in the morning because they didnt run our way,picking coal before tea, emptying the ashes in a morning to put on the ice,we where well off i had two coats on my bed!!aagghhh! those where the days,,,,no bloody wonder i,m full of arthritis!!!!
    I'll bet you didn't have to go 30yds up the garden, in the dark, with the trees blowing in a gale at the top, with just a little "Kelly lamp" to find your way to the two holer. Squares of the Daily Mirror on string as wipers, a sure recipe for piles later on. Bathing in front of the fire in a tin bath and being last in the queue. You had two coats,lucky sod, I just had two more of us in the bed, and occasionally a piglet or a box of day old chicks. Those were the days indeed You can keep modern childhood I wouldn't have swapped mine for anything.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.

I wasnt that lucky to get a bath unless i had been scraping for bloodworm for the matchmen on the cut ,,,
    DONT START