Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Antis

  1. #1

    Antis

    i am i new member but reading old & new posts.How many antis do yous guy think are on this fourm?

  2. #2
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    7,000
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Teilky

    It's difficult to say. Doubtless some are monitoring the site to see what we get up to, but my guess is that endless discussions on rifle calibres, DSC1 & DSC2, stalking leases and venison prices soon see them off

    willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

  3. #3
    Regular Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Galloway south west scotland
    Posts
    490
    Teily and willie_gunn, Do not underestimate the fanatic mentality of antis, thay will use any and all information to there advantage, even when we are being honest and sportsmanly thay will find a way to atempt to discredit us, we must continue to be an honest site to all who view this site.

    Dry Powder.

    Barry

  4. #4
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    7,000
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Barry

    I know the antis well from the past - our paths have crossed (quite literally) several times. I don't underestimate them but I also recognise that, whatever we say and however we phrase it, they will twist things for their own end. They are not concerned with facts, with science or with the law - they have their own agenda that is largely illogical and emotional.

    Apart from that, I'm d*mned if I'm going to let them intimidate me

    willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Teilky

    It's difficult to say. Doubtless some are monitoring the site to see what we get up to, but my guess is that endless discussions on rifle calibres, DSC1 & DSC2, stalking leases and venison prices soon see them off

    willie_gunn
    I can certainly see where you are coming from WG.

    If they are indeed watching, then we have done ourselves a huge disservice with the 'very big Roe buck' thread. No chat about management plan or venison value. Just its big and its all yours for loads of cash. Not exactly the best advert for a sport.
    Last edited by howa243; 07-07-2010 at 07:48.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by teilky View Post
    i am i new member but reading old & new posts.How many antis do yous guy think are on this fourm?
    sounds like an Anti's question to me

  7. #7
    SD Regular willie_gunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    Posts
    7,000
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    If they are indeed watching, then we have done ourselves a huge disservice with the 'very big Roe buck' thread. No chat about management plan or venison value. Just its big and its all yours for loads of cash. Not exactly the best advert for a sport.
    I know

    Sadly this is the sort of thing that the media love, viz. the white roe buck, the Diageo roe, etc. etc. What they don't want to talk about is the over-population of deer, the impact of deer RTA's, the need for deer management, etc. Doesn't fit in with their Springwatch agenda

    willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

  8. #8
    With regard to the 'big buck' thread.

    I havent actually read it because it doesnt interest me but surely we dont have to caveat every single beast that is shot with a detailed description of the management plan?

    There are plenty of pictures of nice bucks on here that have just got a 'went stalking, saw this buck and here it is ........... dead' no mention of the months of work leading up to the moment.

    If they take offence at something (for example a fox attacking children) then all logic and reasonableness goes out the window. If there had been a detailed breakdown of the management plan for that land for the last 20 years, showing how it had been perfectly managed it would not matter because they would cherry ick the bits they want to use

    Not saying that a bit of care doesnt go a long way but it would be naive to think that the Antis are going to play fair!

    Dan

  9. #9
    I was just reading this post and it reminded me of this article that I read some time ago.

    http://www.countryside-alliance.org....2sanctuary%22/

    Looks like stabbing deer with knives is absolutely fine, and the preferred dispatch method of LACS members. Go Antis!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    I was just reading this post and it reminded me of this article that I read some time ago.

    http://www.countryside-alliance.org....2sanctuary%22/

    Looks like stabbing deer with knives is absolutely fine, and the preferred dispatch method of LACS members. Go Antis!!
    was this not the place that basc videoed the red land rover was driving around and they shot a deer from it while moving!!! and then dragged the carcus across the Field with the land rover!!
    Last edited by steyr; 07-07-2010 at 19:47.

Similar Threads

  1. Antis stooping to even lower tactics!
    By Beowulf in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 20:06
  2. Antis using H&S legislation against shoots
    By David BASC in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-06-2008, 19:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •