Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: foxing

foxing

I am looking at buying a lamp,one that fits a cigarette lighter,what would you guys say are the best options,as there seems to be a lot of models etc.
    Regards Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    I am looking at buying a lamp,one that fits a cigarette lighter,what would you guys say are the best options,as there seems to be a lot of models etc.
    Regards Tony.
    Tony, are you going to have some one hold it or clip it on the scope, to be very honest you need to be mobile in a very short time as for the hundreds I have shot only a handful from the truck.

It is an out dated method and unless you have a thumb screws on the land owner then this rain and track will be a bog in a short while.

Sitting in a truck with a flask of coffee, roll ups and a caller is not a productive as being mobile, we don't do it with deer......

But good luck with your quest.

Tim.243
    A lot of people often refer to the past, but don’t shoot in the present…..

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Not answering your question, but I went from using a Lightforce Blitz powered from a cigarette lighter socket or a damned heavy battery, to using a NightMaster 800 which is nothing more than a substantially made torch to carry and use. The Blitz has since been collecting dust, and other than as a backup I can't see myself using it again.

Admittedly the NM's aren't cheap, but from what people say the based T?? torches from the likes of Ludicrous Lumens are now pretty much as good, at a far more affordable price.

Is there a particular reason you are looking for a lamp to power from a cigarette lighter socket?

Thanks Guys, I was toying with using my quad bike with a car battery,on the rack,I do have a t20 on my scope but need something for the initial spotting,,,

Ludicrous lumes night sabre ideal for the job and no wires.

Thanks Guys, I was toying with using my quad bike with a car battery,on the rack,I do have a t20 on my scope but need something for the initial spotting,,,
    Sounds like you want a T67 or T75 for searching, then use your T20 for shooting.
    Hopefully you can get one from the same range as your T20 so that pills are interchangeable as well as the batteries.

This would also mean that you can either search from the quad, or go walkabout if your want.

Then up grade for a T50 and use the T20 for spotting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No mounts to change just put your hand in your pocket lol

Tim.243
    A lot of people often refer to the past, but don’t shoot in the present…..

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

ive got a tracer 170 which does the job well for me and seems to be better made than the lighforce, or at least its lasted longer without need any repairs

If you do go down the wired lamp route it is easy enough to fit a marine grade cigarette socket fed from the quad battery rather than lugging an extra battery around.

foxing

Go to the night vision forum uk
    And get hold of Ian Sirrel or sikastag of irlightbuilds

You really don't need wires in this day and age ....if your happy with the T20 on the scope then as said just need a bigger thing for spotting .
    I have a short 1x18650 battery T74 from Ian & wow! ...you can get them with different colour pills or IR pill for NV.
    I also have from him a creelant cg75 " thrower" !
    It's a fixed beam takes 2x 18650 batteries so needs a bigger pocket to be able to stick it into , but I call it a thrower as it just chucks a square beam out like you wouldn't believe , it will clearly light up waaaay beyond normal shooting ranges 500 yds plus ....easily

Here is a pic from Ian's irlightbuilds Facebook page of the creelant cg75
    It's a weapon!

Paul
    Last edited by sauer; 25-11-2016 at 03:38.