New to stalking and advice needed please

Mricks123

Dear stalking directory

i would like advice on how to proceed to the next level of stalking.

I have a rifle licence for target shooting for calibre .308. I have also completed level 1 Dsc I live in Hampshire.

I am a competent shot and a quick learner and passionate outdoor enthusiast. I really want to go stalking and explore the beautiful countryside.

What is the best way to get a licence variation to allow me to go stalking?

Do I need land to shoot over to get this ? This is tricky as currently I have just moved to the area and don't really know anyone who does. Any suggestions.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Matthew

The easiest way would be to book a d talk or two with a guide and then use that booking to get your FAC varied to allow for stalking. The best way is to eventually get some permission of your own to stalk on. This generally takes a lot of door knocking and asking around and a lot of people saying no but if you persevere you will get some and you'll then have the beauty of stalking when you want. Good luck with it.

Welcome to the SD

Always worth going beating when you move to a new area - a great way to meet lots of like minded folk - a bit of pest control usually follows and eventually (or quickly if you are really lucky) the stalking will drop into place too

Geoff

Back