Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako 75 I McMillan stock

Sako 75 I McMillan stock

As above guys anyone have one they would like to part with

cheers

Dave

Not sure if you're interested but I'm currently making a fibreglass stock for my 75 A1 (will be very similar to a Mcmillan). Should be finished in about a month - will post some pics on here then. If it's successful I could make you one with the moulds.

Hi mate, yes I'd be interested in that. Spoke to jacksons this morning and they're waiting for a delivery from the states so that could be a while. Does yours have a floor plate mag? Looking at converting mine to a magazine

Hi Takbok, I'd be interested too. Would it be for a iii action (308) or would it need to be inlet?

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Hi Takbok, I'd be interested too. Would it be for a iii action (308) or would it need to be inlet?
    I'm doing a A1 stock first.

I do have an A3 stock waiting though - it's a little bit chunkier than the A1. It will be early next year before that gets made. I don't have an action to test it with so I could send it to you to see how it fits when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidO_84 View Post
    Hi mate, yes I'd be interested in that. Spoke to jacksons this morning and they're waiting for a delivery from the states so that could be a while. Does yours have a floor plate mag? Looking at converting mine to a magazine
    I didn't know that the 75's came with a floorplate mag. Mine has a magazine. Will keep you in the loop.

Mines a deluxe mate so has a floorplate. I thought they all had floor plates

Your floorplate of the deluxe will still fit a standard stock, I have a floorplate and have swapped stocks a few times

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    I'm doing a A1 stock first.

I do have an A3 stock waiting though - it's a little bit chunkier than the A1. It will be early next year before that gets made. I don't have an action to test it with so I could send it to you to see how it fits when it's done.
    I'd be happy to test the fit for you. The only thing I don't like about my 75 is the factory laminate stock, I can never get it to feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I'd be happy to test the fit for you. The only thing I don't like about my 75 is the factory laminate stock, I can never get it to feel right.
    Perfect, nunhunter, I'll get in touch when I'm ready. I take it that yours is the standard sporter weight barrel? Is it the weight of the laminate stock that you don't like? I'm hoping that my fibreglass stock will weigh less than 800g - factory walnut stock is just under 1.2kg.