Thread: Mega Muntjack - No Knob!

Mega Muntjac - No Knob!

Guys,

I thought you might all find this interesting. I shot this cracking muntjac buck this evening. Went to gralloch him and noticed that he had balls but no cock!

There didn't seem to be any scarring or trauma so I can only assume that it was congenital. Has anyone else ever seen anything similar? Would a buck like this hold does/territory and would that reduce reproduction in the area?

I can imagine the poor bugger being a bit frustrated. As a big lad, I assume he'll have attracted the ladies and fought-off rivals but then wouldn't have been able to seal the deal! The .308 will have come as a blessed relief! :-)

Genuinely interested in everyone's comments and thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0921.jpg   50152284338__5CDD7B71-29AC-4020-BD93-D0569AC90027.jpg  
    Last edited by RuralLondoner; 22-11-2016 at 20:12. Reason: Typo

He doesnt look like hes been fighting much. Def a weird one

Was there a piss pipe? Also where was the bladder as I split the pelvic bone to make more room to get it out.

Nice head as well.......

Tim.243
    A lot of people often refer to the past, but don’t shoot in the present…..

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

I'm guessing you haven't shot too many muntjac or are maybe more used to fallow?
    You can clearly see the piss pipe under the skin which ends in the swirly hair 3-4 inches in front of it. That's it! They are not particularly well endowed, but it is a perfectly normal Muntjac Buck.
    MS

There was a piss pipe but no opening for urine to exit. Bladder seemed normal and full - I was in a bit of a rush so didn't quite get to the end of it but my assumption is that his urine came our the back-end somewhere.

That's really interesting. I do shoot quite a few muntjac (20 or so a year) and have never noticed to total absence of a penis before. That said, I'm really interested in your point - definitely different from all the bucks I've shot before but maybe within a "normal" range ....?

It is prety cold at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    It is prety cold at the moment
    Love it!! :-)