Mega Muntjack - No Knob!

RuralLondoner

Mega Muntjac - No Knob!

Guys,

I thought you might all find this interesting. I shot this cracking muntjac buck this evening. Went to gralloch him and noticed that he had balls but no cock!

There didn't seem to be any scarring or trauma so I can only assume that it was congenital. Has anyone else ever seen anything similar? Would a buck like this hold does/territory and would that reduce reproduction in the area?

I can imagine the poor bugger being a bit frustrated. As a big lad, I assume he'll have attracted the ladies and fought-off rivals but then wouldn't have been able to seal the deal! The .308 will have come as a blessed relief! :)

Genuinely interested in everyone's comments and thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0921.jpg
    IMG_0921.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 282
  • 50152284338__5CDD7B71-29AC-4020-BD93-D0569AC90027.jpg
    50152284338__5CDD7B71-29AC-4020-BD93-D0569AC90027.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Was there a **** pipe? Also where was the bladder as I split the pelvic bone to make more room to get it out.

Nice head as well.......

Tim.243

I'm guessing you haven't shot too many muntjac or are maybe more used to fallow?
You can clearly see the **** pipe under the skin which ends in the swirly hair 3-4 inches in front of it. That's it! They are not particularly well endowed, but it is a perfectly normal Muntjac Buck.
MS

There was a **** pipe but no opening for urine to exit. Bladder seemed normal and full - I was in a bit of a rush so didn't quite get to the end of it but my assumption is that his urine came our the back-end somewhere.

That's really interesting. I do shoot quite a few muntjac (20 or so a year) and have never noticed to total absence of a penis before. That said, I'm really interested in your point - definitely different from all the bucks I've shot before but maybe within a "normal" range ....?

Back