Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got to be a variation record well done Police scotland

Got to be a variation record well done Police scotland

Decided to apply for a new centrefire on my cert was driving through Glasgow this morning so thought I'd drop the cert in personally it was 8:19 am so the desk wasn't officially open however the lovely lady took my application and asked if I was waiting for it ? Puzzled I said "waiting"? She said yes take a seat and at 08:32 she came out with my shiny new cert with new rifle and mod slot added I couldn't believe it well done such an efficient department!

Can I ask you guys who get such good service in Glasgow,can you still gain access to the staff in licensing directly or do you have to go through the front desk.

Now that's how it should be!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Sorry. Not a record, Wiltshire hold that. 4 mins start to finish, 3x one for ones.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    Sorry. Not a record, Wiltshire hold that. 4 mins start to finish, 3x one for ones.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Dam it steal my thunder

Quote Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
    Can I ask you guys who get such good service in Glasgow,can you still gain access to the staff in licensing directly or do you have to go through the front desk.
    In dalmarnock there's a small window round to the right of the front desk with three or four buzzers you just press the firearms one and usually one on the ladies will
    come see you

This makes me actually weep. Edinburgh are taking 16 weeks for everything, and claim that's a standard that's been ordered from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    This makes me actually weep. Edinburgh are taking 16 weeks for everything, and claim that's a standard that's been ordered from above.
    Have to agree with Mungo. Whilst Glasgow are apparently brilliant, us mere mortals in the east and Borders get generally poor service from Edinburgh (which I am guessing is a staffing issue, not poor staff).

Possibly about time the likes of the Scottish shooting organisations, or the Scottish branches of the likes of BASC asked some questions of Police Scotland. But that approach may just lower everyone to the level of the worst units I suspect............

I have just applied for my new Scottish 'Air Weapons Permit', will be intrigued to see how long that takes to get. It looks like it had to be sent to a special 'air weapons team', mercifully not in Edinburgh........... Actually I think it was in Dalmarnoch, so there is hope..........

Rant over,

hh

Out of curiosity, I just called A&S to ask if they could do the same - the answer was a firm no and they were surprised to hear and disbelieved that other forces were doing the drop in / turn-around service.

The differences between forces (especially for variations) is a real pain
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

In dalmarnock there's a small window round to the right of the front desk with three or four buzzers you just press the firearms one and usually one on the ladies will
    come see you

TThat's pretty much how it used to be in Dundee,now someone has decided you can't go to the firearms licensing office in person and access was easy but now you have to deal with the main front desk in a different building and suffer the internal mail system when picking up and dropping off paperwork was easy and reliable.