Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the correct MTM ammunition case model for 7x57R (rimmed)?

What's the correct MTM ammunition case model for 7x57R (rimmed)?

Hello everyone.

I currently store my reloaded 7x57R rounds in the wrong sized box and it's obvious. The rounds can only go bullet down because of the rim, they shake around all over the place and are too long. But I can't find which the correct model is, it isn't listed on the manufacturer's website. The best I can find is that 8x57JRS fits in the RLLD-50 or the H50-RL. I believe that this is a necked up version of 7x57R so should be fine. Or perhaps it's the other way round.

I'd be grateful if anyone knew the answer!
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

SD Regular
    PM. I have two pairs (2 one size, 2 another) of RCBS ammunition boxes. I will go and look and see if they are what you might need as I have some 7x64 ammunition/drill rounds. If you want them they'd be something like 6.50 each plus postage in the UK. But I think that some gun shops...Dauntsey Guns...have them new for only 9.95. So mine with postage may be more expensive. I may even have some 7x65R cases that I can try. I'll know before 5pm today. OK.

That would be great thanks. If 7x65R fits, 7x57R will too.

It has almost the same rim diameter as the magnum calibres (minus the belt). It would fit in one designed for 300 win mag, 300WSM etc etc.

H50-R-MAG
    R-100-MAG

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...oducts_id=6314
    Last edited by takbok; 24-11-2016 at 15:22.

I've consistently found CDSGltd.co.uk the cheapest place for MTM boxes even with postage.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I've consistently found CDSGltd.co.uk the cheapest place for MTM boxes even with postage.
    CDSG has great prices and service for all things reloading.

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/common/2...-box-chart.pdf see if this works p/m i suprised myself there i didnt believe it would work.
    DONT START

Ah but the thing is they don't list 7x57R on there and it's the "R" that's problematic because either the bases don't fit in the little tubes, or they push the rounds apart if you put the round in bullet first. That's why I was thinking of 8x57JRS although it would seem that it's not a case derived from 7x57R at all, more of a parallel development.

SD Regular
    I have now found the boxes. There are five in all. And all by 4.30pm!

THREE are RCBS #86903 Ammo Box Large and are impressed underneath 25-06; 264 Win Mag; 270; 280 Rem; 7x57; 7mm Rem Mag; 30-06; 300 Win Mag; 303 Brit; 8x57; 338 Win Mag; 45-70; 458 Win Mag. Underlining is mine it's not like that on the boxes.

Two appear to be "new old stock" in that they have unused and not stuck in TCBS Load Information label still in each. Also the sides of the individual compartments are clean. The other is used as the tops of the sides of the individual compartments have the typical small black "rub" on them.

TWO are RCBS #86902 Ammo Box Medium and are impressed underneath 22-250; 220 Swift; 243; 6mm; 257 Robt; 7mm-08; 300 Sav; 30-30; 308; 35 Rem; 375 Win. One appears near new but marked but still has label as noted in the Large Boxes. The other appears new with no marks and a label but "not quite new". If that makes sense.

The price is the same regardless, and if interested I can get a figure from the Post Office on postage for whatever combination you wish. Although I think one box might be uneconomical and five maybe over the weight break for a letter or etc.. That remains to be found out!

I haven't tried the rounds but ca if you wish as i think the cartridge description answers the matter as to what they can and can't take.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sounds like the first would do it. I just checked and the rim on the .303 is 13.72mm, and it's 13.50mm on the 7x57R. OK, I'll have one of the 86903s please! The prettiest one...