Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser Saddle Mount

Blaser Saddle Mount

Trying to fit my blaser saddle mount (with Zeiss scope) on my R8, but the mount is loose on the rifle. I tried to use the small Allen key type but on full tightness or further unscrewed it is still loose.
    can someone help pls. Thanks

Check this and associated Blaser video's
    I assume you are also using the Blaser screwdriver?
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Check this and associated Blaser video's
    I assume you are also using the Blaser screwdriver?
    Cheers
    Richard
    Thank you Richard

nowvI know what the screw diver is for !!!

Bit odd. Have tightened it with the screw, as far as you can do and still a little loose.

Have you used the special 16 blaser screwdriver. I had the same issues with all my mounts and aimpoint saddle mount until I discovered the special screw driver
    cheers Steve

[QUOTE=Uncle f;1185951]Have you used the special 16 blaser screwdriver. I had the same issues with all my mounts and aimpoint saddle mount until I discovered the special screw driver
    cheers Steve

Starting to get dissappointed, can't get the bloody things tight. thought this was meant to be straight forward.
    going to the range tomorrow, no time for special screw drivers. Don't understand stand why this is not locked in

Have you done as in this video at 1:09
    It can be frustrating but you will work it out, so open the levers, mount on rifle, turn star shaped screw with the Blaser screwdriver, attempt to close the levers, keep going until you feel resistance on closing the levers, then make final adjustments.
    Good luck.
    Cheers
    Richard

Thanks all. I got there in the end. Much more fiddly than I thought it would be, had to almost unscrew it and then screw it back a few times but eventually it locked in tight. The star shaped screws took a bit of a kicking but never mind.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    Thanks all. I got there in the end. Much more fiddly than I thought it would be, had to almost unscrew it and then screw it back a few times but eventually it locked in tight. The star shaped screws took a bit of a kicking but never mind.
    Cheers
    Well done blaire your not the only one that took that approach

I hope you weren't trying to apply torque to the screw while the levers were locked down. Turning the screw requires no pressure. It is the levers which apply the grip/pressure. Adjust with them up and then lock them down.