Police Snipers in Rothsbury using a Tikka T3 Tactical

moderators and earmuffs? cleaning rods out "just in case?"

Let alone they appear to be nicely positioned on a skyline...

plod sniper walts :camo:

i think she come up from the met to do some stalking myself!! anyway a note for the sun,its....ROTHBURY!!!! no "s" involved!!!!!:lol: typical sun cant get owt right!!:rolleyes:

i think she come up from the met to do some stalking myself!!

Heh heh heh! pic from another angle:

phpUP4UvH102678813.jpg

Stalking for Cooo's that woule be... I bet she could just about hit a cows arse from there :thumb:

I particularly like the cam trousers with black top and big shiny bald head approach to camming up their OP...

Last edited:

phpUP4UvH102678813.jpg

Stalking for Cooo's that woule be... I bet she could just about hit a cows arse from there :thumb:

I particularly like the cam trousers with black top and big shiny bald head approach to camming up their OP...

you are kidding right.... what in gods name are they looking for there....

There's not much 'tactical' about that picture, looks like a bit of a gypsy's encampment to me.

When i think of the many pristine Enfield Enforcers they scrapped in favour of the drastic plastic rifles :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, what calibre do the police use?

Pretty sure its .223 certainly used to be, I know someone who used to be a police armed response officer and he said when he did it they used a .223 but has some stories to tell as he was also a police diver.

George

I reckon the daft photographer standing up behind them may just have given their position away!

To be fair, snipers can be used in many roles, not least of which is observation, to put them in an obvious and exposed position like that can also be a form of containment.

However, I suspect that it is a posed photo along the lines of 'right get your sniper photo then bugger off'. Still no excuse for the bad admin of having all your kit strewn around though.

Also, officially, the guy is not wanted 'dead or alive' so the object should be to arrest him and I don't envy the lads that task. If they are so sure that he is still in that area then I am suprised that a combination of helicopters and dogs hasn't got him pinned down, maybe he has slipped through the net?

JC

If moat isnt found by next week the police will be upping the reward to £20 grand, it will then be known as a raoul-over :lol:

I like to think that Helicopters and dogs are not being used because they know where he is and are waiting for him to make his move. Having helicopters flying about is not going to help, just cost more and having dogs and handlers wandering about could just be providing him with a target. With all the armed officers and armoured vehicles they have in place it seems more like a containment operation as opposed to a search. The media can call it a manhunt and make reference to searches, it does no harm and I doubt it is accurate, plus a few posed photo's showing what available resources are in place, can only help bolster public confidence. It is a waiting game with the odds on the side of the Police, they will want to take him alive and not turn him into some wild west romantic villain type. IMHO that is.

John

New letter found in the Moat case.

Dear Mr Moat,
It has come to my notice that John Terry has been shagging your missus while you were in prison.
Yours sincerely
Wayne Bridge

Back