Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad state of our times

Sad state of our times

Daughter, age 6 has been doing drama at school & next theme is cowboys / cowgirls & Western.
    Cool I thought easy enough costume & she can take her toy shotgun & caps.
    Mrs points out on the letter in capitals "NO TOY GUNS TO BE BROUGHT INTO SCHOOL" what a joke. A western with no guns. Guess that also includes her real shotgun as well.
    So any suggestions?
    I've come up with 2.
    Wrap her in a brown paper bag & take a bowl of rice, tell teacher she's an Indian. Or
    Wear her Spanish flamenco dress and say she's a saloon hooker.
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

If the letter on states no TOY GUNS then let her take the real one instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A native american with a bow and arrow, could be far more of a handful than a cow girl with a toy gun.

Are children allowed pencil sharpeners these days...

(Who would have thought that there could be mention on here, of bows and arrows, that stands a chance of not ending up with a bun fight!)

I hope there are knives over 3inch or tomahawks unsheathed or bows/arrows also included in the list. ....over 18s only.pc gone mad.
    DONT START

SD Regular
    When I was at school the School Rules did, indeed, state that "firearms, flick knives, Teddy Boy coats, trousers less than so many inches inches (I forget how many) wide at the ankle were banned". Which was odd. 'Cos being written in the 50s and 60s, not up-dated, and us being at school in in the mid-70s those that wished could wear flared trouser or Crombie coats without restriction.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 25-11-2016 at 20:10.

This cant have come as a huge surprise. things have been this way for sometime.

Send her in her usual uniform with a letter saying that cultural appropriation is wrong and you may need some sort of therapy in order to recover from the thought of it

Steady on with the 'indian' terminology..... no guns policy is almost certainly my coupled with similarly sad legislation preventing such language! Native American.... please!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

SD Regular
    You, Wingy, could also out PC the PC by stating that you did not wish, in writing, your daughter to take part in a celebration of what was a "cowboy culture" based on racism, land grabbing and genocide of Native Americans and see what letter comes back!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    You, Wingy, could also out PC the PC by stating that you did not wish, in writing, your daughter to take part in a celebration of what was a "cowboy culture" based on racism, land grabbing and genocide of Native Americans and see what letter comes back!
    Spot on - tell them you don't want your daughter to be party to "cultural appropriation"
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    ...not forgetting that the term "Squaw" is considered by many, to be offensive as well.