Bruno ZKK600

Thanks for the reply mate. What I'm after is how wide the stock is at the forend and what the barrel diameter is there. Trying to work out whether it can take a heavy barrel (after barrel channel inletting) or whether I need a new stock. I feel it'll be new stock ;)

OK. A workaround maybe is to go on a US barrel maker website and see if they list replacement barrels for such and if so if the dimensions are listed? Pac Nor, Douglas, McGowen? Sorry I can't be more precise.

Stocks though do vary as my two had a barrel sling swivel and were typical faux Rigby or Holland forened contour. But later ones had the sling swivel on the forestock which was longer and the final ones had a square faux Weatherby type with white line spacers.

So I think the stock width will vary.

I have one, in 7x57 Mauser, with open sights, 23.6 inch ( 600 mm ) barrel, and a thick recoil pad, like the Pachmayr Decelerator.

Let's see if I can explain this without photos. Measuring the width of the wood, across the flats, outside to outside:
Just ahead of the action 1.5 inches
Just ahead of the rear sight boss: 1.25 inches
Just before the round end of the forend: 1.0 inch

Barrel channel width, at the same points:
Just ahead of the action 1 1/6 inches
Just ahead of the rear sight boss: .75 inches
Just before the round end of the forend: 0.75 inch

So you can see that the stock is pretty slim.

I had one a few years ago in 6.5x55 the barrel was a 25" No 4 profile there was not much wood left either side doubt a No 5 profile would fit, play it safe and get a new stock should be easy
enough to sell the old stock

I have one, in 7x57 Mauser, with open sights, 23.6 inch ( 600 mm ) barrel, and a thick recoil pad, like the Pachmayr Decelerator.

Let's see if I can explain this without photos. Measuring the width of the wood, across the flats, outside to outside:
Just ahead of the action 1.5 inches
Just ahead of the rear sight boss: 1.25 inches
Just before the round end of the forend: 1.0 inch

Barrel channel width, at the same points:
Just ahead of the action 1 1/6 inches
Just ahead of the rear sight boss: .75 inches
Just before the round end of the forend: 0.75 inch

So you can see that the stock is pretty slim.

Exactly what I wanted Southern, thank you.
That is pretty slim, it confirms what I suspected.

So new stock it is, next choice is laminate or walnut!

Surely it will depend on model and if it is the Standard or deluxe version. The deluxe has a wider stock than the standard if I remember correctly

Jim, I can take some photos, like end-on from the muzzle, where you can see.
the sides of the CZ ZKK 600 are fairly flat, rather than rounded, like a Remington 700 walnut, which looks about the same from the side, but has more wood on the sides, so that you can actually open up the channel for a pretty stout barrel on the 700 by removing the flat area on top. The CZ 600 does not have that much meat.

Hey, I have oe in 270win, whatr measurements would you like, I am an architect and can give you whatever you need. with tech drawings if you want to build any parts...

I have one look in my gallery...if i was you i would just order a boyds stock for the action..i have fully floated my one and there us not much to play with imho.... leave her as she is..

Boyds won't ship a stock over $100 and all the stocks for the Brno are over $100 unfortunately. Also, with the new barrel going in a new stock is looking like it is going to be a necessity.

They must have put the price up...have emailed them direct and ask how they can help...they have shipped to me before...

a- 3.5
b- 7.8
c- 3

you need these to choose a scope length?

if so the grooves for A are 3.2cm long as they dont go the full length of the flat bit.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about installing a rail by having the dovetails drilled and tapped. Allows me to run an inclined rail then if I want.
Those measurements are very useful because it allows me to work out if I can use the rails designed for other bolt actions with flat top receivers, like the Tikka T3.

Thanks for getting them for me mate

Back