RSPCA prosecution

Why didn't the CPS prosecute? It sets a dangerous precedent when an organisation not subject to oversight takes control of such prosecutions.

Why didn't the CPS prosecute? It sets a dangerous precedent when an organisation not subject to oversight takes control of such prosecutions.
The police are happy to let the RSPCA have a free reign ..... saves them doing the paperwork.

Looks like a good job to me, doesn't set a precedent as they have been prosecuting as long as they have been around although it is currently being reviewed. Anyone can mount a private prosecution

Looks like a good job to me, doesn't set a precedent as they have been prosecuting as long as they have been around although it is currently being reviewed. Anyone can mount a private prosecution

Its a good job until they prosecute a lawful stalker for something they consider untoward.

i don't think it is right that an organisation has the remit to conduct prosecutions without scrutiny.

Private prosecutions are always available, but organisations that investigate and prosecute offences as a regular part of their business should have reasonable checks on them and that should be the body that does that as part of it's business, the CPS. No need for any police involvement or paperwork normally, that can be done by the RSPCA.

Quite right. I think BASC should start conducting private prosecutions on hunt sabs who are clearly violating the law.

Back