Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EU semi auto ban

EU semi auto ban

Write to your MEP chaps - the end is nigh.

http://www.gunsweek.com/en/current/a...irearms-united

Find your MEP and email them here

https://www.writetothem.com

Already banned in the UK anyway so why post it on here?
    I could be affected as I have a .284win semi auto model 100 held in Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Already banned in the UK anyway so why post it on here?
    I could be affected as I have a .284win semi auto model 100 held in Germany
    Rimfire semi autos are not banned.

Still, I'm alright jack is a poor attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Rimfire semi autos are not banned.

Still, I'm alright jack is a poor attitude.
    It was not an alright jack mentality, illegal centrefire semi autos in the UK so are not legit for stalking , thats why I wrote it that way, if it was a rabbit/vermin site I would have made a different comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    It was not an alright jack mentality, illegal centrefire semi autos in the UK so are not legit for stalking , thats why I wrote it that way, if it was a rabbit/vermin site I would have made a different comment
    No one mentioned centrefire semi autos the actual wording is AK47 and AR15 derivatives, there are a heap of 22LR derivatives of AR15s and the Sig 522 is based on the AK system and what about all the straight pulls?

SD Regular
    It's better to defend well out front...to take the fight into the enemy's trenches...rather than retreat and cede him your own forward positions and then find his attack doesn't just stop there.

The same with guns. You defend the "others" rights because that way your own aren't left exposed to the next anti-gun legislative onslaught. But that's Britush shooting. Too many "petty Princes in little Kingdoms".

The perfect recipe to be divided and ruled by those who see the prohibition of ALL shooting as their ultimate goal. Let's not forget BDS also aided the self-loading '88 ban in a letter to the then Government.

Had we defended, or rather had the craven British NRA, not abandoned self-loading and pump action rifles in 1988 I'm convinced we'd still have pistols.

But the "I'm alright Jack" attitude in 1988 allowed a ban then that made the 1996 ban a foregone conclusion. Had there been no ban in '88 there'd have been no ban in '96.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 27-11-2016 at 20:20.

We will be out of the EU before, if ever it takes effect

Wrighting to your MP won't matter a jot ! if they so no its no !! votes and pay packets is what your MPs are about that's what matters to them Not your Sport ? BEEN THERE done that had that lost that !! but will add a lot of the tweed and clay shooing vest gang sat back as they felt it was not there fight like flightless birds as there sport was't in line of fire ? and let the centre fire rifle/pistol shooters suffer alone .
    My Small rant
    plus I hate .22 autos anyway slap slap

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Wrighting to your MP won't matter a jot ! if they so no its no !! votes and pay packets is what your MPs are about that's what matters to them Not your Sport ? BEEN THERE done that had that lost that !! but will add a lot of the tweed and clay shooing vest gang sat back as they felt it was not there fight like flightless birds as there sport was't in line of fire ? and let the centre fire rifle/pistol shooters suffer alone .
    My Small rant
    Write to your MEP's not MP's.

This decision will be made by those from other countries we have not elected.

This website makes it easy.

https://www.writetothem.com/

My argument to them is that terrorists want us to be scared and change our way of life. If this legislation goes through, the terrorists have won.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    My Small rant

Yep. Let's all stick together. But that does mean not trying to denigrate those fieldsports and shooting disciplines that you don't take part in, doesn't it. Not sure "flightless birds" and "clay and shooting vest gang" comments help too much in that regard you know.