Best electronic fox caller

Overlay

Guys

I've used the Foxpro fury a lot 3-4 years ago, things have moved on since then with calls and units, looking to get a new one ASAP

I like the rodent, rabbit, lamb and fox mating calls these would be the main ones I'd probably use, as have had good success with those in the past, anyone using one that has decent calls on it with a remote as well and any other calls that you've found work

cheers

phil

GC350 or GC500 if you want more calls and a fancy digital remote. Both have great sound, good range and the ability to plug in extra speakers or a remote controlled decoy too. As a plus Best Fox Call are very good to deal with and have great after sales care.

I have a foxpro crossfire dual speakers loads of features but the one I like most is with the tx 505 or the tx 1000 remote control you can link a stock mounted remote to mute or change to another call with out taking your eye off the Fox coming in to the caller and has I do a lot of foxing by my self I find its perfect for one man band

Foxpro Crossfire. Looks a favourite. It states 80 yds to a max 100 yard range on the remote ???

with foliage, trees and bushes etc thrown in the equation any ideas on the effective range, seems a little on the short side ??

Some others have or state 200-300 yds range or is that not a true effective range

any info greatly appreciated

phil

Foxpro Crossfire. Looks a favourite. It states 80 yds to a max 100 yard range on the remote ???

with foliage, trees and bushes etc thrown in the equation any ideas on the effective range, seems a little on the short side ??

Some others have or state 200-300 yds range or is that not a true effective range

any info greatly appreciated

phil

Why would you want any more than 100 yards range on the caller? I use mine at 50, sometimes less when there isn't enough visibility due to terrain.

I don't think there is a "best" caller, All will work on their day(or night), Mini Colibri is good as is the ICOtec, back of hand, or WAM.

As Paddy says absolutely no point in putting a caller out further than 100 yards, again 50 to 75 is about ideal.

H Guys
Thanks for all your replies

Where I'm looking to use the fox pro is in a three or T pronged steepish valley with a very thick hedge right along the bottom of some 15 feet across, access is only one side which is the side that has clear fell and scrub the other side of the hedge is old sheep turf and the lambing fields this is the hot spot for foxes moving between three big woods

To the hedge is around seventy yards of downhill scrub which isn't good for a shot albeit you can see the foxes with the thermal, I normally place a couple of bait points out on the turf and monitor from a distance then lay up on a good activity area a couple of nights later, and call them in or stop em, the edge of the turf is 80 yds approx from the side I shoot from out to 180 yds upwards to twenty yards below the top of the opposite valley

i was thinking of putting the foxpro 20 yds the turf side of the hedge and using it as a focus point for the foxes, rather than try and call them by hand and get them coming into the scrub side of the hedge where you lose half of em

do you think the foxpro would be fit for it or should I look for another call I don't want to buy something that's not up for it ??? Lambing time is nearly here

cheers

phil

Last edited:
The foxpro's with the tx 505 and the tx 1000 remotes have extended range over the other foxpro as the two hand sets have ariels I have tested mine up to 100y plus and it was out of sight due to the lay of the land . But I do hang it form a break down metal pole that's about three feet off the ground that's the crossfire one

got a very old foxpro spitfire

done a mod on the unit to got it to work out too 150 yards, but i don't need that range anymore, been dropped of the truck roof 6 times now and still working, calls are clear as a bell and i can see the remote with no issues or glasses,

i have a shhoting buddy who dropped his gc500 from the height of the bonnet of my truck....
sadly it's as broken as ten broken things, audio was not very clear and the screen is very small, the controls on the remote where iffy at best hence i have kept the foxpro.

bob

I've ordered the fox pro inferno it comes with 75 calls on it, guy I know who has one is going to strip it back on useless calls and reload the original and some new ones that have proven to work. So hopefully have 20 odd calls relevant to the cause.

thanks to all for the input

greatly appreciated

ATB

phil

Back