Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nv monocular spotter

Nv monocular spotter

With so much to choose from,I'm bamboozled by what's out there so I'm looking for some direction,
    Im looking for a nv monocular for spotting with a Good view to targets to no more than 200yrds,
    Something that's above budget range,or would I be aswell going for budget and attaching a good ir ????

I've recently got myself a Bushnell Equinox 6 x 50 with attaching my IR T50 on the monocular ( via its picatinny rail) I've spotted foxes past 400m rabbits past 200m and rats 70m plus .

I don't use the built in IR only to extend the units battery life which I've been getting 3 hrs of use out of one set
    ( 4x aa) of good rechargable batteries .

The built in IR IS really good but I use the T50 attached to the side . it also feels well balanced with the torched attached on the side.

I've been using mine most evenings all last week ratting in my local chicken shed with great results.

there are a few types of the Equinox spotter mine has the recording facilityand can't rate it enough for the money .

I've got one of these http://www.sure24.co.uk/sure-nvwg50-...monocular.html and paid about 140 for it when it was on offer. The picture quality is really good for a unit this price and much better quality than my Yukon Photon 6x50. The only negative about it is that the field of view isn't great but it's no worse than the Photon either and that was nearer 400. The ir that it comes with is good enough for 100m and still a clear image but I generally use a NM800 for further ranges.

A quick check of th Bushnell and they appear to be almost identical if not made in the same factory but with a different logo printed on them.
    Last edited by nun_hunter; 27-11-2016 at 21:56.

This where I'm kinda stuck,do I buy budget and improve or just bite the bullet and spend a cpl hundred and be done with it

I've got the bushnell too and would definitely replace it if I lost it.

regards Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    I've got one of these http://www.sure24.co.uk/sure-nvwg50-...monocular.html and paid about 140 for it when it was on offer. The picture quality is really good for a unit this price and much better quality than my Yukon Photon 6x50. The only negative about it is that the field of view isn't great but it's no worse than the Photon either and that was nearer 400. The ir that it comes with is good enough for 100m and still a clear image but I generally use a NM800 for further ranges.

A quick check of th Bushnell and they appear to be almost identical if not made in the same factory but with a different logo printed on them.
    + 1 I have one of these and find them fine for the job and have a T67 cliped on , and they are record able same as the Bushnell units.

Regular Poster
    I also have the bushnell equinox z 6x50, I am very pleased with it. the built in ir is very good but eats the batteries,would recommend it without hesitation

Thanks lads,off on a hunt for one (before Xmas buying kicks in)

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post

I am looking for one as well now, they look great just hope I can find one at that price. They are currently 240 on their website.

ive got a ranger pro that I'm selling for a friend,very little use and excellent condition,pm me if interested mate