Thread: Ferret book

Ferret book

Hi all,
    Wonder if anyone has or can recommend a decent book on keeping and working ferrets? I've no experience aside from once tagging along with a bloke for a day, but I'm considering keeping ferrets in the future as I now have more garden space to house them. I know a local lad who has plenty of permission but no time to keep his own ferrets, who will let me work them. Would like to gain a bit more knowledge on keeping and caring for them before deciding to have a go.
    Cheers
    Simon
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

SS

All you need to know is in the Complete Book of Ferrets by Val Porter and Nick Brown.

F

"The Ferret and Ferreting Guide" by Graham Wellstead (ISBN 0-7153-8013-3)

I've got several books on ferreting, but this one is the one I learned most from when I started.

Sent you a PM, Simon
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Thanks all, should have enough to get me going.
    Now I just need to convince the wife/decide how long they can live down the bottom of the garden before she notices
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

You don't need any book just get out there and give it a go you learn by your mistakes, but if you are going with your mate who has the permission he should keep you right