dsc2

norma 308

well after being sceptical of deer qualifications some yrs ago I completed my third stalk in four outings to complete my portfolio today .
I've been very fortunate to have many aw's in the DMG I'm a member of .
the two guys who've taken time out when they could have been out stalking themselves deserve a mention because they've not taken a penny for their time .
thankyou mike aka monkey spanker and Paul aka Paul 600 for creeping along quietly and Paul for not taking a video of me with cramp lol
good blokes who are only too willing to help and I very much appreciate it lads
regards Norma

well after being sceptical of deer qualifications some yrs ago I completed my third stalk in four outings to complete my portfolio today .
I've been very fortunate to have many aw's in the DMG I'm a member of .
the two guys who've taken time out when they could have been out stalking themselves deserve a mention because they've not taken a penny for their time .
thankyou mike aka monkey spanker and Paul aka Paul 600 for creeping along quietly and Paul for not taking a video of me with cramp lol
good blokes who are only too willing to help and I very much appreciate it lads
regards Norma

Your more than welcome. well done!:thumb:

well as someone a few yrs ago who didn't want to conform and do dsc1 let alone 2 I think I've got a sense of achievement that felt very similar to when I passed my driving test age 17 an awful long time ago !!
I've put my share of deer into the larder and dsc2 has made me brush up skills I was happy with but am even happier with now .
when you footstalk with someone you don't know really well and are successful there is a big stick your chest out moment you can be proud of esp fallow deer in woodland but to then turn that deer into a clean lardered beast fit for human consumption hanging on the hook well even better .I've had good teachers along the way so thanks grumpy, ray, wf1, ect hopefully one day I can do the same for someone coming into stalking
if you want to and get the chance give it a go nothing ventured nothing gained !
cheers norma

Last edited:
hi norma 308 I have just done the dsc1 and now thinking of doing the dsc2 could you point me in the right direction to find more info ? ie phone numbers names etc . thanks for now cliff

try the BDS website chap that's who I registered with there are others NGO/basc and you have 3 yrs to complete the portfolio ,all I would say is get some experience if you are a newbie and I don't mean this in a derogatory way to anyone its taken me over 15:yrs to get around to it .
good luck Norma

Well done my friend, and well done to the guys that gave up their time to make it happen.
Although dont come out lamping wearing the dazzling new DSC2 badge - if will put the foxes off !

devils advocate ?:stir:
an AW doesn't train you he access's your ability on three successful stalks so I'd like to think I showed I was fully trained and the award will show that I fulfill certain criteria laid down by many estates and deer management groups saying that you can always learn something even from a stalker maybe not so experienced !anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool !
have a good evening
Norma

Well done my friend, and well done to the guys that gave up their time to make it happen.
Although dont come out lamping wearing the dazzling new DSC2 badge - if will put the foxes off !
not much dazzling in this fog mate !!
and we don't lamp any more we THERM

Back