Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which word package to buy

Which word package to buy

Help from computer techis needed.

Last month my relatively new ASUS laptop suffered an fatal shutdown error and so I had to perform a full factory reset. Basically lost everything on it, foretunately very little on hard drive and other pics and docs backed up. I have re installed most things however I have no word package.

What do I do and/or need to buy?

Its running Microsoft 7 professional and I just need basic word/excel nothing fancy. Am absolutely clueless on such things.

Cannot take it back to my supplier as it would be a 200 mile round trip.

Regards

D

About 3 months ago I downloaded Microsoft office from t'internet (microsofts website) with a monthly service fee. Upside is that I'll always be up to date with software and no upfront lump to pay. Also gives me back up to the cloud. Wife says my head is often back up in the clouds
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Last month my relatively new ASUS laptop suffered an fatal shutdown error and so I had to perform a full factory reset. Basically lost everything on it, foretunately very little on hard drive and other pics and docs backed up. I have re installed most things however I have no word package.
    Do you not have the licence key for the version of office that was on the laptop previously(?), if so you 'just' need to source some install CDs.

If not then if your household qualifies you could look at one of the student licences as a starting point.

If you don't have the install CD's but do have the license key then no problem, you can download over the internet from the below link....

https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...2-ecea3e319657
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Our laptop got hacked and locked. The tech man got it up and running and reinstalled all the stuff we had on it. He made one change and that was to install Libre/Liber instead of word, it does what word did and it's free. Worth a look

Get an old copy off Ebay

I need word,excell,access database so I use Office 365 and pay annualy but I use them a LOT so its worth it to me.

ATB

Download free Libre Office off 'tinternet. Thats all you need
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom. William Blake

Another vote for Open Office.

David.

Open Office is brilliant, regular updates, is free to download and is capable of opening docs, spreadsheets, etc written in other applications.

Another + for Open Office. Download from the official link https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html otherwise there is a good chance that you will get additional rubbish programs bundled with it. If you do install it you will find the programs stores your created files in <filename>.ODT format can cause confusion if you send files to others so you may wish to change it back to the old defaults (ie filename.DOC .....XLS etc). From memory, you change the via the Tools - Options - Load/Save - General then change the ODT/ODF to XP.

Kind Regards