Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cost of Prvi verses the rest?

Cost of Prvi verses the rest?

Why is Privi ammo so damn cheap? Having never had to buy my ammo before I was surprised to see it at 10 a box vs RWS at nearly 30 a box. Results didnt seem any different. Did I just get lucky with a good box?

I have had very good results in .22-250 with 55gr SP in terms of both accuracy and expansion. The .308 Match 168gr HPBT was by far the best factory ammunition I shot in my RPA Quadlock.

Typical of my luck with anything cheep my Tikka T3 308 throws Privi all over the place and shoots beautifuley with mega expensive Sako Hammer Head

why is a tin of beans at Aldi a 3rd of the price of a tin at Waitrose?......

same answer

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post

same answer
    Privvi is mainly made from water and orange food colouring?? That explains a few things.

One of my favourite recurring questions on the French forum I use is "What brands of scopes or binos are there of the same sort of quality as Swarovski and Zeiss, but for cheap?"
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

I picked up a couple of boxes of PPU FMJ 175gr .308 for a club trip to Bisley @ 13.00 a box. No problem @ 600 yards ;-)
    Last edited by DAVIDAIKEN; 30-11-2016 at 14:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Why is Privi ammo so damn cheap? Having never had to buy my ammo before I was surprised to see it at 10 a box vs RWS at nearly 30 a box. Results didnt seem any different. Did I just get lucky with a good box?
    Just a guess but overheads (labour, tax, red tape, social costs etc) in Serbia will be a fraction of Germany/Finland et al. And let's face it, ammunition isn't technically demanding to make.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post

same answer
    Very constructive answer. Thank you for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Apthorpe View Post
    Just a guess but overheads (labour, tax, red tape, social costs etc) in Serbia will be a fraction of Germany/Finland et al. And let's face it, ammunition isn't technically demanding to make.
    Thats what I suspected but being a newbie didnt know if the materials were of poor quality. I mean the box is pretty basic on them but I guess so long as they go bang its all good.