5 rifles, one scope?

spandit

Has anyone saved money by investing in a really nice scope and decent Picatinny mounts to swap between rifles? Bit torn at the moment because I've just bought a Yukon Photon and my dedicated night rifle isn't all that great (and I might want to use it on other calibres too). My favourite scope is the Bushnell Legend HD that currently sits on my 17HMR

Has anyone saved money by investing in a really nice scope and decent Picatinny mounts to swap between rifles? Bit torn at the moment because I've just bought a Yukon Photon and my dedicated night rifle isn't all that great (and I might want to use it on other calibres too). My favourite scope is the Bushnell Legend HD that currently sits on my 17HMR

This sounds great, but in practice, I think it's a pain in the ass. The thought of trying to keep a record, of what scope settings are for what rifle, and having to set it each time you fit it to another rifle, and then remembering what position on the picatinny rail ......................

Swapping out a scope for NV, on one, maybe two rifles, not so bad.

Works with a blaser with multiple barrels but I still have 10 clicks of windage and 5 clicks of elevation between barrels. I have it so my weatherby barrel = zero stops on elevation and windage and then have a note of what I need to dial from there for each barrel. Not sure a picatinney rail would exhibit the same repeatability as a blaser mount though!

Fair enough. I've order a couple of adaptors for the Finnfire and I'll test to see how repeatable it is with the Yukon and scope (Hawke scope - it's fine but not amazing)

Yes works on my Sako Quad, picatinny rail and zeiss conquest hd5 with the four barrels. No problems. I just setup for E=0 and W=0 for the 22LR and write down my adjustments for that.

I have done it for my set of blaser barrels however there are other reasons why this is not as practical. The issue is the saddle mounts may have different tensions but more importantly the scope I need for my 30-06 is not the same as my 223 or 243 or 7x57R etc. They are quite specific hunting applications which may or may not need a hubble telescope or a low powered driven hunt scope.

Last edited:
Back