Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spare a thought for South African farmers

Spare a thought for South African farmers

This is the real SA, a side that most tourists aren't exposed to. I just posted this so that there's more awareness of the situation, as the SA government and mainstream media aren't interested.

He's an acquaintance of my family.

http://southafricatoday.net/media/ha...s-loteni-area/

Mmmh !

My grandparents farmed just outside Marendelas until they lost their farm to Mugabe and we got chucked off

Looks like its starting to happen down south

People with experience of Africa cannot understand the blinkered attitude of the media. I am afraid it has been going on for a really long time.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    This is the real SA, a side that most tourists aren't exposed to. I just posted this so that there's more awareness of the situation, as the SA government and mainstream media aren't interested.

I have 2 good SA friends (my dentists) who travel back home quite a bit for business and family stuff, they both speak about the power sharing ( switching of by electricity companies) same with the water. Many farms have been taken back from using ancestral claims. One in particular we stayed in coming back from Mozambique was a huge banana plantation that lasted 2 years after it was taken over and know the land is dust, all machinery broken, houses empty...

But that is progress for you..........

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post

Not that it makes it right but probably no worse than the 'white' farmers did when they 'claimed all that free land' that didn't belong to anyone....

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Not that it makes it right but probably no worse than the 'white' farmers did when they 'claimed all that free land' that didn't belong to anyone....
    Not sure what historical grounds you base this on - but at the end of the day - a country needs to feed itself. SA used to be a net exporter of food - they are now a net importer. SA is doomed in the long run.

It's prophesied in the Bible somewhere, that one day we will be ruled by our slaves. I think people prefer to call it democracy.

SD Regular
    This land that these Boer farmers are losing.

Did they bring it with them when they came to Africa from Europe?

Or maybe they'd be happy to be re-imbursed what they originally, first, paid for it?
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 30-11-2016 at 17:40.

Some of those families have lived in South Africa since the 17th. Century. I think we would allow families who have lived in this country that long to be locals! Many of the Bantu tribes were forced south by the Arab invasions of North Africa at the same time. If you wish to make comments please look into the facts. Neither black or white people were the original native peoples.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    Some of those families have lived in South Africa since the 17th. Century. I think we would allow families who have lived in this country that long to be locals! Many of the Bantu tribes were forced south by the Arab invasions of North Africa at the same time. If you wish to make comments please look into the facts. Neither black or white people were the original native peoples.

David.

I wouldn't bother bru