Spare a thought for South African farmers

Mmmh !

My grandparents farmed just outside Marendelas until they lost their farm to Mugabe and we got chucked off

Looks like its starting to happen down south

People with experience of Africa cannot understand the blinkered attitude of the media. I am afraid it has been going on for a really long time.

David.

This is the real SA, a side that most tourists aren't exposed to. I just posted this so that there's more awareness of the situation, as the SA government and mainstream media aren't interested.

He's an acquaintance of my family.

http://southafricatoday.net/media/hard-news/farmer-beaten-during-a-land-invasion-crisis-loteni-area/

I have 2 good SA friends (my dentists) who travel back home quite a bit for business and family stuff, they both speak about the power sharing ( switching of by electricity companies) same with the water. Many farms have been taken back from using ancestral claims. One in particular we stayed in coming back from Mozambique was a huge banana plantation that lasted 2 years after it was taken over and know the land is dust, all machinery broken, houses empty...

But that is progress for you..........

Tim.243

This is the real SA, a side that most tourists aren't exposed to. I just posted this so that there's more awareness of the situation, as the SA government and mainstream media aren't interested.

He's an acquaintance of my family.

http://southafricatoday.net/media/hard-news/farmer-beaten-during-a-land-invasion-crisis-loteni-area/

Not that it makes it right but probably no worse than the 'white' farmers did when they 'claimed all that free land' that didn't belong to anyone....

Not that it makes it right but probably no worse than the 'white' farmers did when they 'claimed all that free land' that didn't belong to anyone....

Not sure what historical grounds you base this on - but at the end of the day - a country needs to feed itself. SA used to be a net exporter of food - they are now a net importer. SA is doomed in the long run.

It's prophesied in the Bible somewhere, that one day we will be ruled by our slaves. I think people prefer to call it democracy.

This land that these Boer farmers are losing.

Did they bring it with them when they came to Africa from Europe?

Or maybe they'd be happy to be re-imbursed what they originally, first, paid for it?

Last edited:
Some of those families have lived in South Africa since the 17th. Century. I think we would allow families who have lived in this country that long to be locals! Many of the Bantu tribes were forced south by the Arab invasions of North Africa at the same time. If you wish to make comments please look into the facts. Neither black or white people were the original native peoples.

David.

Some of those families have lived in South Africa since the 17th. Century. I think we would allow families who have lived in this country that long to be locals! Many of the Bantu tribes were forced south by the Arab invasions of North Africa at the same time. If you wish to make comments please look into the facts. Neither black or white people were the original native peoples.

David.

I wouldn't bother bru

Auld Lang Syne is worth nothing. Never stopped us here from throwing the folks out of Imber, Attlee nationalising the coal mines, nor Thatcher selling of British Gas, the Electric Companies to her cronies, blocking Hong Kong passport holders from entry into the UK or Blair throwing the hereditary Lords out of the House of Lords and all of that.

Last edited:

Or maybe they'd be happy to be re-imbursed what they originally, first, paid for it?
all property is originally stolen, it's just how far back do you want to go, who was the original owner of the land your house is on ? And how much was he paid.

So, I am shocked by some people attitude and lack of historical knowledge.
Do you honestly think that we [whites ]just took the land from the rightful owners? no we didn't, the land had already been occupied by dark skinned warring tribes eg the Zulu.
If you get chance to speak to some of the aboriginal peoples of SA you get to realise they often hate other dark skins more than whites.
And the scale of the murders in SA is unreal, anywhere else and it would be on all the new channels etc. and classed as genocide, yet he we are not reporting it on tv, the radio etc. for fear of being labelled racists! well the whole thing is totally wrong and Great Britain should be ashamed for not condemning the whole thing in public.
Here is a link I hope works on face book by people I know, https://www.facebook.com/john.costello.5836/posts/10154325976629215?pnref=story

All property in England and Wales was taken by the Normans in 1066. In actual law all land, ALL land...even my house, your house, in England and Wales still belongs to the Crown and we occupy it 'in Fee' only.

But here in UK in the 1700s we had our own Highland Clearances. The land situation in SA and Zim is a legacy from a failed attempt to make time stand still. And the inevitable legacy of bitterness it created.

All property in England and Wales was taken by the Normans in 1066. In actual law all land, ALL land...even my house, your house, in England and Wales still belongs to the Crown and we occupy it 'in Fee' only.

But here in UK in the 1700s we had our own Highland Clearances. The land situation in SA and Zim is a legacy from a failed attempt to make time stand still. And the inevitable legacy of bitterness it created.

Tim.243

Why should Britain be ashamed?

South Africa broke from Britain after WWII because of apartheid. Didn't recall much opposition to it from the Boers then.They wanted no part of Britain and it's sense of what was right then.

Seems anyway they can't be that good as farmers if they've so easily forgotten that when you sow the seeds you then later reap the harvest.

What a **** post!!

I suspect that SA is going to be in a whole heap of **** shortly. One of my South African friends when I asked if he was ever planning on going back said why would I want to, it will be a civil war zone on 5 years that was 12 months ago so we shall see.

Or was it just progress as in 1066, one thing is for sure, the new land grabs by native peoples around the world ( supported by the politically correct, or should that be corrupt) is generally not a progressive thing , but generally has been detrimental to the peoples of that country, and just to point out that I also believe, that racism / apartheid caused most of the problems in Africa we see today.

Doubt very much a statement like this would assuage the grief of a svelte farmers widow. A shameful post indeed.

Back