A special field

Hi All
I've put a few post's on recently about some of my Roe stalking.

I mentioned a few posts back about a small field I have which has produced a lot of Roebucks.
Its only approx 400X300X300X200 yards but has produced probably 15 bucks in the last three seasons.
I've had a mate shoot a Gold, I shot a malform which sits in my gunroom, several nice bucks shot by mates which may have scored high but have never been measured and quite a lot of culls. Which considering I only probably visit this field about half a dozen times a season aint bad for a little field. I've had quite a few members off the SD site shoot there so a few will know it.

Here's a few pic's of some of the Bucks shot there in the last three seasons

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00450-1.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

RoeBucks14June08-02.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

DSC0092011.jpg

One hell of a field Wayne, what do you put it down to, Habitat, the area under stalked and do you see the same with the doe population,

One hell of a field Wayne, what do you put it down to, Habitat, the area under stalked and do you see the same with the doe population,

It belongs to one of my farmers but is away from the main farm.

It is surrounded by small holdings and a narrow strip of woodland on the top of a ridge line.

When its put up for hay it draws deer like a magnet. In the winter the wind blows straight through the wood and theres stock in the field and you hardly see a deer there. There is a high poplulation in the area due to a lot pony paddocks, large gardens and small nature reserves all adding up to quite a large area with no deer management.
I've shot some nice heads on the other farms and if anything the quality seems to be going up the more I shoot.

I shoot very few does here due to the nature of the ground its a cold bleak place in winter and they melt back into the FC woods and the nature reserves.

Wayne

Hi All
I've put a few post's on recently about some of my Roe stalking.

I mentioned a few posts back about a small field I have which has produced a lot of Roebucks.
Its only approx 400X300X300X200 yards but has produced probably 15 bucks in the last three seasons.
I've had a mate shoot a Gold, I shot a malform which sits in my gunroom, several nice bucks shot by mates which may have scored high but have never been measured and quite a lot of culls. Which considering I only probably visit this field about half a dozen times a season aint bad for a little field. I've had quite a few members off the SD site shoot there so a few will know it.

Here's a few pic's of some of the Bucks shot there in the last three seasons
RoeBucks14June08-02.jpg

Remember it well, Thank You again Wayne. Your Deer Attraction Endorphines worked well that night.

you want to have a word with that wierdo with the prohunter and the big bino's, get him to buy a decent rifle!

400 x 300 x 300 x 200 :confused:
Ohhhh I got it, the field is a cube, Waynes got lid on it so they can`t escape:D:D
Seriousley, sounds perfect set up there Wayne.

Stone did shoot a Munty there once.

Wayne
I remember that night well, and also that field
just it's taken me a while to find the picture I was looking for
do you remember this guy and the retrieve he made

P1020046-1.jpg

Magical
good to see it is still producing:thumb:

Wayne.
Please find the pillock that fixed the barbed wire to the tree and kick his ass.

Bryan.:rolleyes:

Wayne
I remember that night well, and also that field
just it's taken me a while to find the picture I was looking for
do you remember this guy and the retrieve he made

P1020046-1.jpg

Magical
good to see it is still producing:thumb:

Hi Rich
Cant remember you taking that, :eek: I was carrying a bit more than a Muntjac back then:D Good job I went on a diet i think looking at that piccy :lol::lol::lol:

Back