Just because it says so?

finnbear270

Had the .17 Fireball out this morning for a good cleaning, ready for tomorrows foxing, new bag of .17 patches,... :confused: :( :evil:, bloody things won't go through!!, almost got one stuck!... had to cut em all down with scissors :eek:, just because it says a certain size on the pack don't mean it is.

One doesn't have these problems when cutting up old pairs of (holey) pants & socks for rifle cleaning..

hi matey I shoot a 17 rem, ive shot it for 25 years, so I think I know how to clean a 17, here,s a tip if you are using a 17 size bore guide, get a 22 cf one I clean my 17 rem sako vixen with a 22 cf bore guide, and a good 17 rod and jag wait for it? and 22 cf patches, 1 /1/8 size it sounds weird but it works, the 17 patches are all to small they are made for air rifle.s, an American shooter showed me how to clean a 17 rem years ago the problem you are having is the 17 bore guide it to small I hope this is of some use to you dave.ps if you want ill show you you don't live far away.

Last edited:
Now you mention it, These patches feel a bit sort of shiney, not like cotton, I still have the VFG system to fall back on.

The ones I had were a copy but meant to be the same as the pro shot ones. Went back to pro shot and no more problems

I use the Pro-Shot ones in my Fireball which are about 3/4" square, if anything they could be a bit tighter, if you double them up they wont go through but if you mount two through the corners they are nice and tight without having to use excessive effort to push them through.

Ian

Think I have some spurious offerings here, .. but anyways, took a nice young vixen just after dark last evening, so all is in order :), found her with the nv spotter, then used the Pulsar 550.

Back