Thread: Ashlack hall

Ashlack hall

Just putting a quick write up about our walk up day we had at Ashlack Hall.

Ashlack Hall is located near Broughton in Furness ,Cumbria. The shoot is owned and run by Mick Curic ( he's on the SD) . The day started off with a safety briefing in the gun room then in was straight out onto the moor for some ,plentiful but very testing Snipe, all the dogs worked well and we were rewarded with some good shooting.
    After "Elevenses" it was onto the partridge drive, we were all stood for this one , and the team of beaters produced some quality birds for us, apologies to the beaters from he guns as we were unable to connect with any.
    Then it was down the hill to the heart of the shoot, for the pheasants, this consisted of some walking guns and some standing guns, again the beaters did a great job of putting some good birds over our heads.
    After a short break for lunch it was back out for another 3 drives which again produced some very testing birds. We finished the day with drinks in the gun room and a total of 44 birds, we were offered a duck flight ( included in price) but turned it down as we'd shot enough and we were all well happy with the day.
    May I say a big Thankyou to Mick for the day and his hospitality, also to the keeper and the team of beaters that worked hard to give us a day to remember.
    Lastly thankyou to Gwyn from DJ DECOYS who filmed the day on behalf of Mick, cheers for keeping the bloopers off you tube.
    If any one is interested in having a quick look at the video the you tube link is below.

Really looking forward to my day there in the middle of January. I don't suppose that you happened to find anywhere good to stay (for me plus family & dog)?

The Black cock inn, Broughton in Furness, 5-10mins away from Ashlack. Dog friendly and good food and even better beer. Enjoy

Can only concur that Mick Curic is a good guy. Anyone taking a day at Ashlack will be well looked after.

Quote Originally Posted by fordbank View Post
    The Black cock inn, Broughton in Furness, 5-10mins away from Ashlack. Dog friendly and good food and even better beer. Enjoy
    Booked it for us & thanks a bunch for giving me somewhere with that name to google.