Thread: Wild Boar on M4

Wild Boar on M4

Saturday morning, 26th Nov 2016, travelling from M4 J15 towards Membury Services saw a dead Wild Boar on hard shoulder. This could be bad news for users of the M4.
    One person killed some while ago on M4 not far from same place in accident with a Wild Boar.
    How's your end of the gene pool today?

I've seen what looks like wild Boar on several of the fast roads in the west country but because it was a fast road could only get a quick look and what looked like wild boar turned out to be Badgers !! and some of them were really big too.

Wow didn't realise they were in that area and not far from one farm we stalk over. Working there way east I guesses and probably using th M4 as a corridor.

As fast as they are multiplying, they will, totally, infest the UK in not too long of a time. There is sign just south of Drumnadrochet (on Lockness).

Quote Originally Posted by BearStalker View Post
    As fast as they are multiplying, they will, totally, infest the UK in not too long of a time. There is sign just south of Drumnadrochet (on Lockness).
    There is more than just a sign of them.

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    There is more than just a sign of them.
    Ye plenty on the north side and one big un that I know shot on the south recently

While high prices are being charged by lease/land holders with them on, to shoot them, then they will definitely multiply to pest numbers.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Very interesting if they have reached that far up the M4. There was the one that caused the fatality on the M4 the other side of Swindon a year or so ago, but I've not heard much since then so it will be interesting to see if more reports turn up.

I lived in Lambourn for many years and still know a number of the farmers and gamekeepers around Membury and I've yet to hear any of them mention boar - in fact I was shooting pheasant and partridge right by there a couple of weeks ago
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Very interesting if they have reached that far up the M4. There was the one that caused the fatality on the M4 the other side of Swindon a year or so ago, but I've not heard much since then so it will be interesting to see if more reports turn up.

I lived in Lambourn for many years and still know a number of the farmers and gamekeepers around Membury and I've yet to hear any of them mention boar - in fact I was shooting pheasant and partridge right by there a couple of weeks ago
    Hmm hence my interest as I stalk some ground near Lambourn. May have to take the 270 more often when there. Just in case!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post

Now I getting worried. My missus used to live in Lambourn.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .