Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: errrrr whats up doc

errrrr whats up doc

Attachment 1787
    Out popping a few rabbits for a local farmer last night and shot this old boy.

Ive never seen 'teeth' like this before on a wild rabbit. Any ideas what's caused this?

The teeth never stop growing and are meant to wear against the opposing tooth, that's what keeps them sharp and the right length. I guess something must have happened, either from birth or disease, that has caused the teeth not to meet correctly and this is the resulting overgrowth!

Alex
    Last edited by csl; 08-07-2010 at 12:50.

Was this rabbit in good or bad nick.
    I.e. body weight / condition.?

Excellent order and a gut full of food.
    No sign of disease and flea free (as far as I could tell)

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    The teeth never stop growing and are meant to wear against the opposing tooth, that's what keeps them sharp and the right length. I guess something must have happened, either from birth or disease, that has caused the teeth not to meet correctly and this is the resulting overgrowth!

Alex
    Spot on with this, I had a pet Rabbit that had the same problem, the top and bottom teeth didn't meet. I had to have it's teeth trimmed every few months to keep it in a condition that it could eat. I can't say I was sorry when it had to pass beyond for other reasons.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Spot on with this, I had a pet Rabbit that had the same problem, the top and bottom teeth didn't meet. I had to have it's teeth trimmed every few months to keep it in a condition that it could eat. I can't say I was sorry when it had to pass beyond for other reasons.
    Did it die of lead poisoning . my daughter had one that she had to keep taking to the vet to have its nashers trimmed, cost a bleeding fortune in vet bills , well it did for a short time anyhow , tasted alright with a crust on top of it anyhow I used its teeth to put the crimps on the pastry

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Did it die of lead poisoning . my daughter had one that she had to keep taking to the vet to have its nashers trimmed, cost a bleeding fortune in vet bills , well it did for a short time anyhow , tasted alright with a crust on top of it anyhow I used its teeth to put the crimps on the pastry
    Not far wrong, when the wife was away for a while it mysteriously fell ill and passed away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    You're a bad man. I threaten to do this to my daughers rabbits most days when she mis-behaves,
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    You're a bad man. I threaten to do this to my daughers rabbits most days when she mis-behaves,
    I know but dont tell anybody

Naming Rabbits

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Daddy what shall we call my new rabbit.
    How about Stew?
    You can't, Stu's a boy's name, my rabbit's a girl.
    How about Cassy then?
    Oh good, that's a nice name, I like that.
    Yeah, short for casserole.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.