Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: errrrr whats up doc

  1. #1

    errrrr whats up doc

    Attachment 1787
    Out popping a few rabbits for a local farmer last night and shot this old boy.

    Ive never seen 'teeth' like this before on a wild rabbit. Any ideas what's caused this?

  2. #2
    The teeth never stop growing and are meant to wear against the opposing tooth, that's what keeps them sharp and the right length. I guess something must have happened, either from birth or disease, that has caused the teeth not to meet correctly and this is the resulting overgrowth!

    Alex
    Last edited by csl; 08-07-2010 at 12:50.

  3. #3
    Was this rabbit in good or bad nick.
    I.e. body weight / condition.?

  4. #4
    Excellent order and a gut full of food.
    No sign of disease and flea free (as far as I could tell)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    The teeth never stop growing and are meant to wear against the opposing tooth, that's what keeps them sharp and the right length. I guess something must have happened, either from birth or disease, that has caused the teeth not to meet correctly and this is the resulting overgrowth!

    Alex
    Spot on with this, I had a pet Rabbit that had the same problem, the top and bottom teeth didn't meet. I had to have it's teeth trimmed every few months to keep it in a condition that it could eat. I can't say I was sorry when it had to pass beyond for other reasons.

  6. #6
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Spot on with this, I had a pet Rabbit that had the same problem, the top and bottom teeth didn't meet. I had to have it's teeth trimmed every few months to keep it in a condition that it could eat. I can't say I was sorry when it had to pass beyond for other reasons.
    Did it die of lead poisoning . my daughter had one that she had to keep taking to the vet to have its nashers trimmed, cost a bleeding fortune in vet bills , well it did for a short time anyhow , tasted alright with a crust on top of it anyhow I used its teeth to put the crimps on the pastry

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Did it die of lead poisoning . my daughter had one that she had to keep taking to the vet to have its nashers trimmed, cost a bleeding fortune in vet bills , well it did for a short time anyhow , tasted alright with a crust on top of it anyhow I used its teeth to put the crimps on the pastry
    Not far wrong, when the wife was away for a while it mysteriously fell ill and passed away!!!!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Did it die of lead poisoning . my daughter had one that she had to keep taking to the vet to have its nashers trimmed, cost a bleeding fortune in vet bills , well it did for a short time anyhow , tasted alright with a crust on top of it anyhow I used its teeth to put the crimps on the pastry
    You're a bad man. I threaten to do this to my daughers rabbits most days when she mis-behaves,
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

  9. #9
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    You're a bad man. I threaten to do this to my daughers rabbits most days when she mis-behaves,
    I know but dont tell anybody

  10. #10

    Naming Rabbits

    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    You're a bad man. I threaten to do this to my daughers rabbits most days when she mis-behaves,
    Daddy what shall we call my new rabbit.
    How about Stew?
    You can't, Stu's a boy's name, my rabbit's a girl.
    How about Cassy then?
    Oh good, that's a nice name, I like that.
    Yeah, short for casserole.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Similar Threads

  1. whats the advantages
    By swatty in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 18:48
  2. whats all the fuss..
    By MrYou in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 03:45
  3. Whats On Yours ?
    By moose in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 11:06
  4. Whats this called?
    By The Croc in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20-07-2009, 18:42
  5. WHATS THIS?
    By swampy in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 14:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •