Venison burgers

roebuck220

Does anyone have any good recipes for venison burgers?

I have some of the spices from bushwear 450g packets but they dont say how much meat to mix it with.....has anyone used these before..

i used to work in a butchers but cant remember the mixes i have all the gear to make burgers.

Thanks

I got some burger mix and cajun spice from Scobie's.
I also mix in some pork fat about 1/5 ratio to venison.
Hope that helps.
Richard

this is my standard mix i use
10 pound of venison
2 1/2 pound pork fat
2 bunches of fresh coriander
1 to 1 1/2 onions
1/2 to 1 clove of garlic
some garlic salt
seven spice (optional)
1/2 a small glass of red (optional)
prep
chop venison into 1" chunks or 1" thick strips
chop the pork fat the same
chop coriander leaves (medium chop)
chop onions finely
chop garlic finely
add venison , pork fat and coriander in to large bowl and hand mix adding the other ingredients as required for your own personal taste (as i like a stong onion based flavour with a burst of garlic every now and again)
put contents of bowl through the mincer on coarse then repeat with the fine
lay a number of burger papers on a flat board
now take a handfull of mix and form a ball in your hand then place it on a burger paper on the board
place another paper on top of the ball
take the burger press and push down on top of this this should form a disc shape burger
i use 5" papers and a quarter pounder press
the size of burger depends on how big the ball you make is so practice makes a better job of it , once you hav got the size of ball somewhere near then you can set up quite a few on the board at a time so you can just keep pressing
hav fun
just remember if you decide to put the burgers in a stack prior to freezing they will start to squash the bottom ones

before i forget roebuck
i hav a burger and sausage recipe book at the O/H parents i shall bring it home with me tomorrow as that will me all the info you should need for those packs of spices
ATB
stone

Back