Thread: Casstrom No 10 Swedish Forest Knifes - Flat Grind or Scandi Grind

Casstrom No 10 Swedish Forest Knifes - Flat Grind or Scandi Grind

Hi All

The Casstrom No 10 has probably got to be one of the best knives for under £100 & is ideal for stalking purposes - we can offer both "Flat Grind" & "Scandi Grind" models at the following prices: (Flat or Scandi is down to individual preference with neither any more versatile than the other)

Casstrom No 10 Swedish Forest Knife "Flat Grind" @ £86.95 Delivered & No 10 "Scandi Grind" @ £76.95 Delivered

• The Swedish Forest knife is multipurpose knife for hunting, bushcraft or general use in the great outdoors.
    • 100mm/4-1/2" full flat ground blade - 3.8mm thick & made from Swedish 14C28N Stainless Steel with a "Rockwell" hardness of 57-59 HRC.
    • Curly Birch handle which has been stabilised with acrylics to increase the density & making it totally resistant to cracks or movement.
    • The knife comes with a sturdy welted sheath made from cognac brown 3mm vegetable tanned full-grain leather - extra wide belt loop & lanyard hole.
    • A "Sheath Dangler" attachment is also available as an optional extra (£13.00) to allow easier access to to the knife - please see specific product page.

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co...ife-flat-grind

Just PM with any interest or questions - paypal and bank transfer are preferred transaction methods.

Many thanks

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

I want one but have to save pennies or get rid of a load of knives

Ok quick query for the knife gurus.....
    If a said person ( me ) is generally crap at sharpening knives which grind is the easiest or best for those useless at sharpening ?

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    I want one but have to save pennies or get rid of a load of knives

Ok quick query for the knife gurus.....
    If a said person ( me ) is generally crap at sharpening knives which grind is the easiest or best for those useless at sharpening ?

Paul
    i,m in the same boat as you paul ifind a scandi grind easiest to maintain using a spyderco sharpmaker

That looks like a really nice knife and great around hunting bushcraft design.
    Great Christmas present!!

Paul - just buy it and skip the grocery shop this week - you know you want to Besides you'll struggle to sell those other knives now everyone knows you're rubbish at sharpening!

Sharpening - next time you are over this way or we meet up at any of the fairs remind me and we'll do a 5 min sharpening session - bring Dave and we can shave his arms ( legs - he already does ) as a test. With that out of the way, you'll not have to fret over blade geometry from the angle ( see what I did there ) of sharpening.

That aside, the scandi - whilst arguably not the ideal meat edge - is one of the easiest to sharpen up ( relative term ) as you simply utilise the existing bevel as a fail safe in basic terms.

Monarch do some really good strop boards - strop don't sharpen! And I'd heartly recommend going for both board and knife when you order! ( declared relationship - Rob & Jess are friends and we share stands at some fairs etc ).
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the NSS, Scone & Moy 2018

Hi Rob nice knives do they make left hand sheaths,cheers John

Cant say that I have seen any John - think it is unlikely..

Regards

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories