Thread: Pvs 14 nv

Pvs 14 nv

As above. Older model, uses 2 batteries. One tiny dust spec otherwise clear, comes with J arm, headset, pelican case and soft bag, and belt pouch in camo. I've had this sitting a couple of years, not used one set of lithium batteries through it, so little used, previous owner said he'd had 2 hours through it. If I totted up the odd times I've played with it, I'd have done about the same. A spare pair of unused lithium batteries are available if you're collecting, as cannot post the batteries. Includes spare unused new battery comp lid and compass attachment, also unused.

Able to send more pics via email via pm.

Going more towards buying a thermal camera, so offering this one at 1800 plus any delivery costs.

Advertising this elsewhere too, thanks.

News! Thanks to Eric the Red, I found that the tiny dust speck was in or on the eyepiece, and now it is gone, so a completely clean tube without spots whatsoever!

Attachment 77403

Attachment 77404

Attachment 77405

Christmas bump!
    Last edited by Freeforester; 21-12-2016 at 22:46. Reason: clarification, and update

SD Regular
    Please can you tell me what tube it has in it - many thanks
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Afraid I can't, as I wouldn't know how to open it, much less inclined to let the nitrogen (?) out, I've just had it sitting for most of the time on the shelf, sorry. What I can say is that it gives a very clear picture in the dark, that's about the level of expertise and experience I've had with it!

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeforester View Post
    Afraid I can't, as I wouldn't know how to open it, much less inclined to let the nitrogen (?) out, I've just had it sitting for most of the time on the shelf, sorry. What I can say is that it gives a very clear picture in the dark, that's about the level of expertise and experience I've had with it!
    The eyepiece and tube is not sealed - no gases to let out. It's very hard to assess the value of this without knowing the tube. At the eyepiece there are two rings with dots in. The one nearest the body is a locking ring, so just loosen that and then the eyepiece should unscrew. Reverse operation to refit.

This smacks of being an earlier (and therefore less capable) tube - especially with the two battery housing.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I'm guessing you know a lot about these, I'm afraid I've only got the one, and v limited experience therefore, but I've followed your (appreciated!) advice, and the markings are as follows:
    06/35
    Oct 09

hth, I'm very interested of course, but bottom line I can see very clearly considerably farther than I could shoot with it!

btw, still working as before after reattaching of eyepiece, and many thanks, the tiny dust speck must have been on the eyepiece and not the actual tube, because it is now gone, and the view through the unit has no spots at all - result!
    Last edited by Freeforester; 21-12-2016 at 22:48.