Thread: Weeks Stalking

Account Suspended

Weeks Stalking

I am up stalking for the week in Dumfries on a few of my leases from Sunday 25th July hopefully to catch the begining of the Roe Rut if it dosent start sooner

Anyone who would like to meet up for a pint and a chat P.M me

Considering the behaviour i witnessed yesterday and how easily my mate called in a nice buck with his buttaloo, i think you may be a bit late this year

Account Suspended
    We will see I have seen early interest before especially with yearling bucks and its the does that call the tune in any event and the big does come on later pulling the bigger bucks in from surounding areas , bit early yet but i will be going up in a few days time to see for myself, if we have a few days of rain especially if thunderstorms are with it it will as you say bring the does on sooner , but its a guessing game at the moment but as you say we are not all that far off especially if your mates pulling them to the call. areas differ of course.

Stu i will be down at Andrews T i will meet up but would need to be invited out stalking for it to be worth my while.

I'm in the Borders but on the opposite side to you and last week saw a really good buck in a field with 3 does nearby and he was totally oblivious to their presence. I have seen nothing at all that would suggest there is any activity ongoing in my area at least.

I think the recent warm spell has sped them on a bit. The buck called in yesterday was a nice 2yr old, but the one i saw chasing a doe was a beauty .