Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R8 Trigger

R8 Trigger

Tried out my R8 Pro for the first time last week at the range. The trigger pull is so much lighter than my other rifles. Should they be set that light for hunting conditions, felt somewhat too sensitive.

I would have said it's about perfect, for me anyway, my Sako is slightly heavier, my previous Browning was way to heavy until i adjusted it, then it came to within a whisker of my current R8, which i really like.
    You will get used to it, its one of the best triggers out there.
    Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I would have said it's about perfect, for me anyway, my Sako is slightly heavier, my previous Browning was way to heavy until i adjusted it, then it came to within a whisker of my current R8, which i really like.
    You will get used to it, its one of the best triggers out there.
    Cheers
    Richard
    +1

Trigger, i like.
    The cocking lever is way too stiff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coddy View Post
    Trigger, i like.
    The cocking lever is way too stiff though.
    Couldnt agree more!! Why does it have to be so stiff!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Because it is a decocker not a safety. If that makes any sense.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I know that but still it's not the easiest most fluid part of their design, you would think there was a way of making it easier but I appreciate it's doing a different job to a conventional 'safety'
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Thanks. Am sure it will take afew sessions to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I know that but still it's not the easiest most fluid part of their design, you would think there was a way of making it easier but I appreciate it's doing a different job to a conventional 'safety'
    Well ok it is down to spring pressure I guess. And like everything there is a way around it. I sure with the use of clever cams you could reduce the pressure significantly and increase the price enormously as well. Unfortunately it is just one of those things you live with. The only advice that was given to me was to ensure your thumb is behind and and you push straight forward so your digit is not pushing sideways. Definitely makes it easier.
    i have been told it gets easier over time. I think that was a lie but at the same time either my thumb is getting stronger or I just don't notice as much.
    What annoys me more is the lack of magazine and I can't afford an R8.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Couldnt agree more!! Why does it have to be so stiff!
    My right hand thumb is prone to splits and it can be most uncomfortable cocking the thing.

The required spring compression could be achieved by a longer lever like the Mauser MO3 has or a longer internal lever / slide distance on the Blaser.

Mr Blaser must have had strong thumbs.

I only ever notice it when target shooting though...strangely, when I am looking at a deer it somehow cocks and fires itself.

Alan