Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonky yukon photon

Wonky yukon photon

Hi chaps,

I have just picked this yukon up from another forum member.
    When fitted the scope seemed to drop quite a lot at the front (see pic).

I tried three sets of mounts and had the shop look at it to confirm.

You might be able to see the view from the eye piece shows there is a good few mm space between the black ring and scope tube. On the bottom it is pushed up against the ring

The chap selling has been awesome so far and I only got chance to test fit the scope today so this is by no means a "I'm so angry" post. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas or if these could be adjusted mechanically. It would obviously be easier if I can resolve it.

I haven't had a yukon before but I did try another on the rings whilst at the rfd and it didn't suffer the same issue.

Any help would be cool.

Thanks

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Loosen the 4 screws holding two semicircular C shaped clamps in place and it then becomes possible to move the complete front end of the scope which contains the lens and sensor.
    Basically, you need to wiggle the front end around until the reticle coincides with the point of impact.
    I notice it's on a 243, so I suggest boresighting before you start throwing loads of lead downrange.

Cheers

Bruce

Amazing help thanks guys. The challenge now is finding something the right size.

I luckily have bore sighting and a 20ft purpose built backstop.

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    Loosen the 4 screws holding two semicircular C shaped clamps in place and it then becomes possible to move the complete front end of the scope which contains the lens and sensor.
    Basically, you need to wiggle the front end around until the reticle coincides with the point of impact.
    I notice it's on a 243, so I suggest boresighting before you start throwing loads of lead downrange.

Cheers

Bruce
    Thanks pal,
    Any idea what Allen key / hex key to use?. They look a little circular and neither my standard imperial or metric sets work.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieDenny View Post
    Thanks pal,
    Any idea what Allen key / hex key to use?. They look a little circular and neither my standard imperial or metric sets work.

probably because they are Torx bolts
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by JamieDenny View Post
    Thanks pal,

Sometimes the holes have some rubbery gunk in them that needs to be picked out first, then (on mine at least) it's a 2.5mm allen key

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Jamie,
    sorry for the late reply mate I've been at work. I've messaged you, before you undo anything can you put up pics of how you've mounted it. I didn't have any issues like your describing, with or without the doubler fitted, I've had it mounted on two different rails one a DIP rail and the other a 1/2" extenddd riser rail to so I could sit the rail further back.

First time I zeroed it didn't need any adjustments but head position was wrong, put the higher rail on and needed to adjust it -12 vertically and -8 horizontal but that was literally inches of adjustment at 50m for my .22lr, nowhere near what your describing which makes me think it's how it's mounted 6ft low at 30mtr is massive mate.

I've shimmed the mounts on mine - should I have just loosened these bolts and moved it into position instead?

Quote Originally Posted by mealiejimmy View Post
    Sometimes the holes have some rubbery gunk in them that needs to be picked out first, then (on mine at least) it's a 2.5mm allen key

Cheers

Bruce
    Thanks, luckily my awesome rfd was just down the road. A warm coffee and work bench made it much easier 😀