Humerus fracture: How long til you can shoot again?

Sounds like it may take a while to get back in action. Have you considered how you will manage the deer on any of your permissions while you recover?

Sounds like it may take a while to get back to normal. Have you thought about how you will manage the deer on your permissions while you recover?

Got a trip to Africa booked for May.

You will be fine by then. The bone heals fast its the soft tissue. Just coming up 4 months since I had my shoulder rebuilt and its fine shot wise. Only carrying the rifle in sling that hurts because of the auto pressure on AC joint.

Well the sessions at the physio are worth their weight in gold. Bit of pain, but as the saying goes: no pain no gain. And I am gaining a lot. Everyone who recommended working with the physio - spot on. In some ways I am glad it's the right shoulder as - if you're right handed - the actual lifting of the gun is done with the left hand. I am gathering that from your account bish789. I'm just worried about the recoil, but as many of you said the bone is not the problem - especially if like mine it has a very large piece of metal holding it all together.
:thumb: to all replying.
It happens so bleeding quickly and is such a pain in the posterior... so careful all.

You will be fine by then. The bone heals fast its the soft tissue. Just coming up 4 months since I had my shoulder rebuilt and its fine shot wise. Only carrying the rifle in sling that hurts because of the auto pressure on AC joint.
I do hope and pray:thumb:

I do hope and pray:thumb:

No problem I am right handed and shoot from my right side. The lifting of the gun is what will hurt as the tendons and muscle flick over the scar tissue. The recoil won't be an issue ime. Biggest problem I had shooting clays was mounting the gun but I doubt you will be firing 100 shots in africa haha.

Just a follow up on this. Problem: Upper humerus bone and mulitple ball fracture in November. Operated on and plate inserted.
Solution: Two physio sessions a week from when I got out of hospital.
Result: I have now regained ninety percent of the shoulder function. There is only one awkward rotation of the joint - forget what it is called - I struggle with. Shooting is not a problem. Occassional pain but not too bad.
Recommendation: Anyone in a similar situation: I can fully support all those that told me - physio, physio, physio......and more physio.

Best regards and thanks for all the advice

Back