BBC iPlayer programme

LuckyEddie

Just caught my daughter who isn't too sure about me hunting watching a programme on the iPlayer.

Brainwashing Stacey - 2 Living with Big Game Hunters.
sorry don't know how to link the iPlayer programme to this post.

It is the best programme on hunting that I've seen in ages.

Would recommend it to anybody who has somebody in the family who's not sure about hunting.

Ed

Enjoyed watching it last night. Thought it well balanced and civilised. Full credit to both parties, the young lady for taking part in something she doesn't agree with nor understand, but prepared to listen and try. The hunters, for a coherent argument and showing the benefits of trophy hunting, that not all hunts are text book and go to plan. When things do go wrong the hunters do care and do their best rectify the situation.
Besides only have to watch Attenburgh's latest Planet Earth 2 to see nature's hunters at work to see real life doesn't resemble a Disney production!

Briar

Thanks for posting that up I just watched it my self and thought it was a very well presented and balanced program. Now I have to get a few of the wife's friends to watch it. So they don't keep on there high horse about how I'm a killer and but they don't complain when they eat the sausages I make lol.

Not had a chance to watch it yet but Stacey is a very good investigative gernalist and try and catch her films if I can. They are usually very good.

Agree - a very good program.

I was also very glad to see this article in the guardian the other day, and I'm the first one to snort suspiciously at anything the guardian publishes as its usually a load of guff.

Its high time the "liberal" (apostrophes deliberate as they are anything but...) left started actually seeing things for themselves and listening to the people who live that life rather than conducting endless studies in the echo chambers of Whitehall and Notting Hill. I'm glad to see that FINALLY they are starting to listen, at least on some topics.

I watched it last night and was sadly surprised to see a retired ammunition manufacturer make such a badly planned shot, no wonder it caused Stacy misgivings. But it was very refreshing to see the sport/hobby being portrayed from a different angle than is the usual from the British treehugging Corporation.

I watched it last night and was sadly surprised to see a retired ammunition manufacturer make such a badly planned shot, no wonder it caused Stacy misgivings. But it was very refreshing to see the sport/hobby being portrayed from a different angle than is the usual from the British treehugging Corporation.

Given his age, size, TV pressure and different climate.
I don't think I was that surprised.
I know there are a few overweight stalker/hunters but I thought he looked really unfit.

Agree - a very good program.

I was also very glad to see this article in the guardian the other day, and I'm the first one to snort suspiciously at anything the guardian publishes as its usually a load of guff.

Its high time the "liberal" (apostrophes deliberate as they are anything but...) left started actually seeing things for themselves and listening to the people who live that life rather than conducting endless studies in the echo chambers of Whitehall and Notting Hill. I'm glad to see that FINALLY they are starting to listen, at least on some topics.

It is possible to be Liberal and hunt :thumb:

Just watched it. Nice to see a lack of the dogmatic dislike of hunting that pervades the common media.
Stacey Dooley has made some very interesting documentaries about a few subjects. What is most interesting is that these programmes are shown on BBC3 which is aimed at the younger viewer and is on an internet only channel so has to be actively sought ought rather than being stuck on the terrestrial channels.

Back