Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC & SGC arrived

FAC & SGC arrived

I'd almost given up as GMP sent me a renewal reminder in April, my application was in 1st week in May, although my certificates didn't run out until September.
    Well September came & I got a temporary certificate so couldn't buy ammunition.
    Well today my new certificates arrived, only 7 months, at least they're correct unlike the temporary permit, so off to the gun shop to stock up on ammo 😀
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

7 months! Bloody hell, did you have any major changes Ie new calibres etc?

I just can't see how a service like renewing two certificates can take 7 months. Obviously it doesn't and much of that time will have been spent ignoring your application and dealing with others that have had to wait for a similar length of time. Not sure in what other walk of life a wait of that length would be acceptable. Maybe ordering the latest special edition Lamborghini or something.

The powers that be want to ensure that such services as granting firearms/shotgun certificates are not done at a loss. Well if it were something that was run along the lines of a business and there was competition, then I expect everyone would go elsewhere.

It's even more stupid than that because quite frankly most of us would pay double for a 10 year licence. There's no good reason to have to do renewals at all. People don't suddenly become unfit to possess guns every five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    7 months! Bloody hell, did you have any major changes Ie new calibres etc?
    If you class "I sold 1 of my 17HMR's and had the slot removed" then yes major change lol.
    Other than that no change

In That case you have had disgraceful lack of service on something that is a legal requirement. Please don't roll over and accept it, at least write to your PCC as I'm sure that if every delayed renewal generated a letter/email then the PCC would get mighty cheesed off and start carpeting the offenders.
    for what it's worth Suffolk renewed mine in a week with them having major changes, merging with Norfolk so I believe that the in-tray being ignored is the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    In That case you have had disgraceful lack of service on something that is a legal requirement. Please don't roll over and accept it, at least write to your PCC as I'm sure that if every delayed renewal generated a letter/email then the PCC would get mighty cheesed off and start carpeting the offenders.
    for what it's worth Suffolk renewed mine in a week with them having major changes, merging with Norfolk so I believe that the in-tray being ignored is the real problem.
    TVP and several others make 7 months an unobtainable pipe dream !
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Problem with GMP is after the allegation and suspension of Jim Jones (head of licensing) although not proven against him every certificate holder has had to go through extreme scrutiny and not just at renewal. This has caused a major backlog. It wasn't that much hassle to be honest, my FLO told me to stock up on ammo before my certificate expired. I was just starting to run out of rim fire stuff.

i just call, speak nicely and pick it up.. usually 3 or 4 days after posting. 2 renewals and 2 'changes'.

you only needed one round up here lol