Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blaser R8 'Internals'

Blaser R8 'Internals'

I recently bought a Blaser R8 Success with a very well figured wooden thumbhole stock.
    I am having problems getting used to the thumbhole stock but as it cost so much do not want to get rid of it.
    As a result I have had made a 'standard' wooden stock to my measurements but now I need the 'internals' to enable me to use the trigger unit.
    I have winged off an E Mail to Blaser UK but do not expect a favourable answer as I am sure they will not like the idea of me having a stock made instead of buying one from them. I was quoted for a Blaser standard wooden stock 1700 !
    I could take the 'internals' out of my thumbhole stock but don't really want to do that as I may play with it now and again and get used to it eventually.
    If the 'internals' can be obtained, I would expect to have to pay a reasonable sum but I am sure the total of it and what I paid for my stock will not to come to the price of one supplied by Blaser.
    Can anybody give me any advice as to where I may locate such a thing ?

Your only option is to buy a stock and remove the internals. Blaser will
    not sell them.

I'm fairly sure the internals from the thumb hole stock are also different to the standard stock. The trigger units aren't transferable. There are a few aftermarket stocks available but as far as I know all will need the internals transferring from your original stock.

I think you will find the recoil block and barrel locator is the most expensive part of a Blaser stock. I was reliably informed it makes up around 1,300 of the cost of a stock!!!

The Safari stock, Plastic/rubber, is retailed at 1,330 so that may be the only option !

Thumb hole internals are different looking at mine compared to my sons std one

My trigger units are inter changeable it is just that the standard trigger does not 'flow' back into the stock of the thumbhole so looks a bit chunky.

The standard triggers are metal, the thumbholes are plastic and shaped to blend into the stock. Standard fits thumbhole, im not sure about the other way

I am sure you could part exchange the wooden thumbhole stock for a new standard wooden stock with out any problems. And not have that much to pay either. That would have been the route I would have favoured.