Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husqvarna rifles ??

Husqvarna rifles ??

As above are these any good I have seen one that I really like to look at in 300wm but wondered are they any good and can't seem to find out much about them.
    i don't plan on target shooting but given it's a 300 wm I'd like to know it's able to stretch its legs if I fancied it

SD Regular
    It's something that the stalking snobs don't like. Both in maker's name AND calibre. Unless it is dirt cheap it will be a swine to ever sell IMHO compared to even a Parker Hale in .270" or .308".

I'd not even give it a second glance if it was over £ 300. Sounds harsh but in that make and that calibre they make pennies, almost, in Holt's, Bonham's, Gavin Gardiner et al.

What is wrong with Husqvarna? I have five of them -older rifles, I'll admit- but I have no qualms with them. My 648 Husky is one of my favorite rifles: Fast to the shoulder and deadly accurate.~Muir

Are they fairly accurate Muir ? I'm never that bothered by the opinions of others once they are reliable and shooters that all I'd care about
    Last edited by Roncon1; 11-12-2016 at 17:16.

They make good chainsaws..... sorry that's as much use as I can be on the matter
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by Roncon1 View Post
    As above are these any good I have seen one that I really like to look at in 300wm but wondered are they any good and can't seem to find out much about them.
    i don't plan on target shooting but given it's a 300 wm I'd like to know it's able to stretch its legs if I fancied it
    Used one in B.C. 30-06 good rifle with 180gr grand slams the moose didn't like them though.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but isn't there a big difference in certain models? Mauser vs non-mauser? Small vs large ring? Some being prized by collectors?

Z

SD Regular
    I don't think that here in UK with our laws that these things have a collector market. Buy on what it does and pay a low price. A Rigby or a Holland and Holland rifle it ain't.

Generations of Swedish hunter have used Husky rifles. They don't make much money here in Sweden either. There's a gun shop 45 mins drive from me that ships crate loads of old husky rifles to New Zealand and Canada. They must see the quality in these old rifles.
    A visit to the Huskvarna factory museum is well worth a visit if you are in the Jönköping area of Sweden.

Did Zoli not continue this model ? Model 1900 ?