Thread: weaver bases

weaver bases

i have a set of weaver bases no48962 they seem to tap into place does anybody use these they are going on a sako A11 .308 they dont seem very safe to me atb paul

Sorry Paul but I cannot make out what your asking?

As for the Weaver bases I have had a set on my >.458 Win Mag for some years and they have not moved, failed or otherwise not worked as designed. So I cannot see that if you have the correct bases for the rifle why they would not work if fitted as they should be. I hope that's what you were asking?

I use them on my A2. they are fine,
    You tap them into place with a drift and a mallet, the recoil holds them in place.
    Older versions have screws in the top of each one which marked the action when they screwed them down to lock them onto the action, but they were dropped for that reason plus the fact that recoil holds them.
    Obviously you need the rings as well.
    It is the front base which gives the security as the ring locks into it. The rear ring is held in place with the securing screws.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I use them on my A2. they are fine,
    You tap them into place with a drift and a mallet, the recoil holds them in place.
    Older versions have screws in the top of each one which marked the action when they screwed them down to lock them onto the action, but they were dropped for that reason plus the fact that recoil holds them.
    Obviously you need the rings as well.
    It is the front base which gives the security as the ring locks into it. The rear ring is held in place with the securing screws.
    they are the one where did you get the rings from i need themfor a 56mm scope thanx paul

Ahhh I see now you have those tapered dovetails Have heard of them but never seen them really..