Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Need a good taxidermist in the London area.

  1. #1

    Need a good taxidermist in the London area.

    An American friend has been asked to shoot a Springbok for a friend on his trip to Namibia this summer.

    The full mount will be a surprise for the gentleman, who lives in England, and to that end the cape will be dropped off in London so that I can arrange the mounting and delivery.

    If anyone has a recommendation for a good taxidermist not too far from London if at all possible I would be very grateful.

    A

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandhubert View Post
    An American friend has been asked to shoot a Springbok for a friend on his trip to Namibia this summer.

    The full mount will be a surprise for the gentleman, who lives in England, and to that end the cape will be dropped off in London so that I can arrange the mounting and delivery.

    If anyone has a recommendation for a good taxidermist not too far from London if at all possible I would be very grateful.

    A
    its far far easier to get the mount done in Namiba,they know exactly how the finished product should be like,even bringing a cape back it will need to go through a taxidermist in Namiba to be prepared and the relevent paperwork sorted out before export,so you may as well get them to do the entire job

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by long shot View Post
    its far far easier to get the mount done in Namiba,they know exactly how the finished product should be like,even bringing a cape back it will need to go through a taxidermist in Namiba to be prepared and the relevent paperwork sorted out before export,so you may as well get them to do the entire job
    Go with what the man says.....

  4. #4
    they are very good heres the place I used on my last trip,totally amazing,and right near the airport for a visit on the way back home



    Last edited by long shot; 09-07-2010 at 11:44.

  5. #5
    Hi Longshot, I know what you are saying but unfortunately the logistics of the thing are beyond my control and all I am to do, in the furtherance of an easy life , Is to receive a tanned hide and set of horns, or have a taxidermist receive them, and call the bloke after it's done.

    For my own trophies, I will certainly do as you suggest.

  6. #6
    Hi Longshot

    What was the name of the taxidermists, i'm going to Namibia in September and it's good to get a recommendation from somebody that has had work done and sent back to them than from the PH who's probably getting a back hander for recommending them.
    I also like the idea that you can visit these guys on the way back to the airport, i'm assuming it was Windhoek Airport.

    Cheers
    Moose

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Hi Longshot

    What was the name of the taxidermists, i'm going to Namibia in September and it's good to get a recommendation from somebody that has had work done and sent back to them than from the PH who's probably getting a back hander for recommending them.
    I also like the idea that you can visit these guys on the way back to the airport, i'm assuming it was Windhoek Airport.

    Cheers
    Moose
    here you go mate


    Erongo Taxidermy
    P.O. Box 102

    Jan Smuts str. 222
    Otavi, Namibia

    Tel: +264 67 234 583
    Fax: +264 67 234 584
    A/H: +264 811 274 793
    A/H: +264 812 486 747

    Email: erotaxi@namibnet.com
    Web site: www.erongotaxidermy.com.na

  8. #8
    The cost of taxidermy work in Africa will always be cheaper then the UK. Unfortunatly what people do not take into account is that the trophies once mounted take up twice to three times more room, and the freight charges start to climb, and therefore the charges are sometimes more than getting the mounts done in the UK.

    Also as a finished mount they can also be charged VAT on them.

    Contact the guild of taxidermists, there are a number of good taxidermists available who equally if not better than some of those in Africa.

    Also all PH's in Africa work on a commission from the taxidermist for putting clients their way.

    Sikamalc

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    The cost of taxidermy work in Africa will always be cheaper then the UK. Unfortunatly what people do not take into account is that the trophies once mounted take up twice to three times more room, and the freight charges start to climb, and therefore the charges are sometimes more than getting the mounts done in the UK.

    Also as a finished mount they can also be charged VAT on them.

    Contact the guild of taxidermists, there are a number of good taxidermists available who equally if not better than some of those in Africa.

    Also all PH's in Africa work on a commission from the taxidermist for putting clients their way.

    Sikamalc
    we paid 600 for shipping,this inc 3x eland 2x Kudo 1x Dika 1x warthog and 1x zebra skin,these were all skull mounts,the cost when back in the UK duty and agent costs were 309,plus the cost of trophy prep

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. Good taxidermist down south?
    By willie_gunn in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 15:51
  2. taxidermist needed
    By stone in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 22:00
  3. My Sika Stag - Just rx'd from the Taxidermist
    By Robbo25 in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-10-2010, 20:39
  4. taxidermist
    By tolley in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 17:13
  5. taxidermist near gloucester
    By tolley in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-02-2010, 11:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •