.22wmr

one of the best if not my favourite gun i ever had was a 22wmr Heckler & Koch semi auto it was a superb vermin rifle i bought it in NZ and used it extensively in Australsia we used to lamp nearly every night and shot 100s of bunnies a night the gun and calibre was perfect i have never bettered it

Great round. I have seven of them. Be warned: If you buy a 22WMR, understand that you'll need to try different brands and bullet weights to see what your rifle likes best. Unlike the he 17HMR which is all made at the same plant (or most of it is. Winchester the possible exception) 22WMR is made at a variety of plants with different propellants and bullets. Once you find what works, you'll be very happy. My 452 CZ is easily a sub-moa rifle with the ammo it likes.~Muir

Which ammo does yours like Muir?
i don't use mine anything like as much as I should and want to start bashing the bunnies a bit further out than the 22lr allows

and I have a shortened , bedded , 77/22 ruger that loves the 30-33g ammo with a spare mag and 1" and 30mm mounts plus moderator for sale if you interested

Which ammo does yours like Muir?
i don't use mine anything like as much as I should and want to start bashing the bunnies a bit further out than the 22lr allows
My rifle LOVES the Federal 30 grain HP. Also in there: Remington 33 grain, Hornady 30 grain Ballistic Tip, Federal TMJ 40 grain. CCI 40 grain HP.

Hates Winchester Supreme 34 grain.

Be sure to clean as little as possible and when changing test ammo, fire at least 10 rounds before going for group.~Muir

This is 5 rounds at 80 yards with the Federal 30 grain HP.
CZ22WMR50MFED062RED-1.jpg

My Ruger loves Remington 33gr V-Max and Accurtip. At one point I was thinking of trading it in for a 17 hmr but I'm glad I didn't.

I did trade mine in for an HMR, regretted it almost straight away, sold the HMR at a loss 6 months later and bought a semi auto WMR.

+1 CZ 452 American-sub MOA at 100m with CCI HV 30g hollow points.Perfect for headshots on rabbits and ready for the odd fox that appears through the hedge. About to buy a .22wmr semi auto but not sure which one - possibly ZKM611 if I can find one

Who cares? HMR Sucks.:lol:~Muir

(The 5mm Remington Rimfre Magnum: A real rimfire power house. 30 grain JHP @ 2540 fps. 430 ft/lb ME.)

From the above link

"I can only attribute the brilliant accuracy of the .17 HMR cartridge to the exceptionally high quality of factory loaded .17 HMR ammunition"

Im guess upping its an old article!

As for WMR not bettering 1.5" at 100 yards I've owned two and both would consistently better that

Back