Thread: New book on venison heads up

New book on venison heads up

Some of you may already be aware of this recently published book called " Venison the Game larder" by Jose L Souto and photos by Steve Lee. Published by Merlin Unwin books.

The book came to my attention whilst dropping clients off at the Glenmorangie distillery back in October. They had some displayed on sale in the distillery shop, so I purchased a copy. It is in my opinion a very well written book and covers all the deer species in the UK, and also has some great venison recipes to follow, along side some very good photos of deer.

For a Christmas present for a stalker you couldn't go wrong really and it is well worth the 25.00 cost.

And NO I do not have any interests with the publishers or writers just in case I get a remark or two
    Last edited by sikamalc; 13-12-2016 at 16:41.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

And for those who don't want to navigate past Amazon's Prime traps , you can obtain it for 19.99 inc. free delivery from The Book Depository:

http://www.bookdepository.com/Veniso.../9781906122966

Hello Malcolm

.......what about a declaration of any interest in the Distillery..........

L

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Hello Malcolm

.......what about a declaration of any interest in the Distillery..........

L
    Ha ha very good. I seem to spend sometime in there every year with clients, and after 31 years of visiting and stalking the area I should have a yearly pass!!

I did change once this year and visited Balblair nearby. It was a slightly more different tour and I enjoyed it. Their whisky is also very good, as is Glenmorangie. I would add that as I am usually the driver I do not partake of the tasting sessions
    Last edited by sikamalc; 14-12-2016 at 10:25.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Thanks for the info, have purchased NOT FROM AMAZON!!!!!!!

D

thanks for the heads up, just self gifted a stocking filler (19.99 incl delivery from Amazon )

Malc,

So glad of the heads up got it for Xmas, present from me to me. Absolutely excellent book, all stalkers should have a copy, 20 very well spent.

D

My daughter sent me that book as one of my Christmas presents. There are several recipes i will be trying out quite soon.

Jose lives quite near me and I remember him doing a talk and cooking us all lunch at a BDS event at Houghton Hall a couple of years ago. If the recipes are anything like the cooking he did for us that day they will be good as I remember the meal being lovely!!

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory